April 2013 Weddings

My cake

I chose my cake.
I think it is beautiful. 
It may need to be a little bigger. Do we decide on the final size after we get our RSVP's back?
My flowers are red roses so that is what I will put on the top of the cake with my topper. I keep trying to find a cute bride and groom topper, but no luck quite yet. 
So, does anyone know what "cake bags" or "cake boxes" are for??
Is that for leftovers if your guests want to take some cake home? 

Re: My cake

• I know NOTHING about cake bags or boxes, but you can probably ask your baker about those, and when to order the actual size. 

Check etsy for cake toppers. I have found some really cute ones that I want to DIY now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

• These are the cake bags I keep seeing. They come in all colors and designs. 50 for $20.95. 
    Would you say that we don't need them?Seems strange to me. I have never heard of them before. 
  • Yea, they're made so you can send cake home with your guests. I think it's completely pointless. Order enough cake to feed your guests. If you have leftovers, send it home with staff, photogs, or wedding party/family. 

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_my-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:9bd35ab3-28c3-457e-a09d-3dee2801796bPost:a569a8d8-8ca1-4988-a3fb-caf0b3d60c0a">Re: My cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Yea, they're made so you can send cake home with your guests. I think it's completely pointless</strong>. Order enough cake to feed your guests. If you have leftovers, send it home with staff, photogs, or wedding party/family. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I don't know about your venue, but for mine we are not allowed to do anything like that. The hall will pack our cake up for us (bride and groom), but guests are not allowed to take anything like that home. Make sure you will be able to use them if you choose to buy them. But I agree with PP most guests will not use it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_my-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:9bd35ab3-28c3-457e-a09d-3dee2801796bPost:edd7a4bc-12b3-46cb-81db-20af56f2ac59">Re: My cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My cake : I don't know about your venue, but for mine we are not allowed to do anything like that. The hall will pack our cake up for us (bride and groom), but guests are not allowed to take anything like that home. <strong>Make sure you will be able to use them if you choose to buy them.</strong> But I agree with PP most guests will not use it.
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

<div>Good call. I know one of our possible venues wants to count all of our alcohol bottles at the end of the night, empty and full. </div><div>
    </div><div>There's no reason they wouldn't let the B&G or wedding party take some cake home in a box though. </div>

• Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Did you meet with your bakery yet?? When we went to an event our venue had, the bakery they recommended was there. She said we should set up an appointment with them December of 2012 or January of 2013 for a tasting and design meeting. When we briefly spoke with her since we are doing cupcakes she stated that we would order 1 cupcake per person. So I am assuming they would need a definate headcount a few weeks before the wedding, as would your venue for meals. I personally have never seen or heard of cake boxes or bags. I also have never seen anyone ask to take their piece of cake home. I am biased with wedding cake though and this is just my opinion! FI and I decided on cupcakes because I personally feel cake sits at peoples seats and no one really eats it.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love when I get to take cake home!  Weddings I have been to that offered this usually had a dessert table or chocolate fountain.  They still served dessert but send you home with cake. I prefer it that way. But definitely prefer a box to a bag
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards