April 2013 Weddings
Options

Big check!

I **finally** got my invites in the mail yesterday.  With a wedding date of April 20th, that is exactly 8 weeks before the date.  I figured the guests should have had them by yesterday, but sometimes life gets a little crazy!  Just glad to have them out now and interested to find out if everyone will be coming or not!

Re: Big check!

• Options
    I'm getting married a week after you and I've already gotten over half of our RSVPs back.  It looks like we have a similarly sized guest list :-)  

Did you send out Save the Dates?  If so, I think the ones that have been planning since the Save the Dates went out and the ones that are absoutely postive they are or are not coming will get back to you within the next couple of weeks.  The ones that have to think it over will be a little slower.  I got about 25 cards within the first week and a half of mailing them out.  They've been trickling in 0-3/day now.  As of yesterday, I have 40 cards in, waiting on about 85 more haha.

Happy RSVPing!
  • Options
    You're ahead of me! I am also April 20th, I'm hoping that mine will be out by Tuesday.  I had every intention of getting them out last Monday but a few of the envelopes needed to be redone and now I'm waiting on additional stamps to be delivered - you would think that since you order them through the post office shipping may be faster! I called six post offices near me and none of them had 66 cent stamps because they're "new" so I had to order the extras. 
  • Options
    Yep, we sent out save the dates.  I know I got a call from the hotel where we have our block and we already have 9 rooms on that and the invitations weren't even out yet!  I hope that means people will RSVP quickly and I can get to work on things like seating charts and favors.  The other big thing we have to do is pick all our ceremony readings, songs, etc. with our pastor so we can get the programs done.  

Wish I lived closer to you Kiwi, I would send you the leftover 66 cent stamps that I have!  I bought an extra sheet of them by accident!  I'm hoping they'll let me exchange them for forever stamps + cash or something.  I also have about 15 extra postcard stamps but I can use those up on a package or something sometime.

• Options
    Awesome! I sent my invites out this past Saturday it felt great!
  • Options
    Wooo! Mine are going out today-wedding date is April 26th. I also wanted to send mine out last week and had the same problem with no post offices near me having the 66 cent stamps! I ordered them Tuesday they arrived Saturday. How it could take so long coming from the post office I have no clue!
  • Options

Our date is April 27th and ours just went out today! Such a good feeling to have them out of the house!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards