April 2013 Weddings
Options

Music?!

Have you guys picked out which songs you want (processional, recessional, father-daughter dance etc.)?  I had no idea what a daunting task this was going to be..all the way down to the cake cutting song!  I'd love you hear some of your ideas!
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: Music?!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    processional, recessional - I don't even know what these mean! :)  I just told the DJ I want to walk to Here Comes The Bride, the rest he can pick something appropriate for.

father-daughter dance - Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
    mother-son dance - Mama by Boyz II Men
    Cake cutting - Tonight is the Night by Outtasight

Only a few songs are important to me, we are letting the DJ take control of most of it.  People probably wouldn't really dance to the music I would pick anyway LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    processional- (what the bridesmaids and bride walk in to!
    recessional- (walking back out!)
    lol

For me- bridesmaids are walking into Canon in D
    Me- Here comes the bride
    Walking back out- Here Comes the Sun, by the Beatles

All of it is musical through an accoustic guitarist
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cake cutting, were playing the sweetest thing by u2
    father daughter dance- ill always be your baby by natalie grant
    those are the ones i remember... we aready gave our list to the dj :)
  • Options
    Bridesmaidsinstrumental of marry me by train. I'm walking to the same song with lyrics, our recessional is signed sealed delivered. 1st dancedon't wanna miss a thing by Aerosmith. Cake cutting how sweet it is by James Taylor
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    For the ceremony I have a pianst playing all intstrumental versions
    Processional: Ordinary Miracle - Sarah McLaughlin

Bride's Processional - I see the Light - From the Disney movie Tangled - My 4 year old is walking me down the aisle and so this had her influence, however the piano version is very pretty and I'm actually kind of excited about it.

Unity Candle - I won't give up - Jason Mraz

Recessional - Love is all you need - Beatles

We don't really have most of the typical dances for the reception but for our Anniversary dance we are doing Then by Brad Paisley and we are going to do a dance to I knew the Bride when she use to rock and roll.
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    Processional- One Direction What Makes You Beautiful Cover

Recessional- Rick Astley Never Gonna Give You Up, FI was quite insistant on this 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Processional: "Spring" Four Seasons (theme of the wedding is spring garden so I thought it would be perfect); then when I walk down the aisle it will be to "Here Comes the Bride"
    Recessional - Wedding March from Midsummer's Night Dream (traditional but I love it)

First Dance: I Swear, John Michael Montgomery
    Father-daughter: Turn Around, Kenny Loggins (my mom and her dad danced to the same song)
    Mother-daughter: I Hope You Dance, Leean Walmack. It was either this or In My Daughter's Eyes, but I Hope You Dance has more meaning to us
    Mother-son: Can't Help Falling In Love With You, Elvis. This song is so special to FMIL because she used to sing FI to sleep with it when he was a baby.

No clue what we're doing for the cake, so I'll leave that up to the DJ. Bouquet toss will be Single Ladies, Beyonce, and I have no clue what song to use for the garter toss so leaving that up to the DJ as well.

• Options
    Oh my word, this was so stressful for me! I'm a music nerd, so I'm really picky about songs. Here's what we came up with:

Seating of Mothers - Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
    Guys' entrance - Indiana Jones Theme (FH's request, lol)
    GIrls' entrance - "For Good" from Wicked
    My entrance - "Storybook Love" from Princess Bride
    During the kiss - "Kiss the Girl" from Little Mermaid
    Recessional - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
  • Options
    Processional (bridesmaids and parents) - Ave Maria
    Bridal Processional - Canon in D
    Recessional - Ode to Joy
    Parents Entrance - Golden Years - David Bowie
    Bridal Party Entrance - Say Hey - Michael Franti and Spearhead
    Bride and Groom Entrance - Accidentally In Love - Counting Crows
    B&G Dance - Yer So Bad - Tom Petty
    Father/Daughter - You're My Best Friend - Queen
    Mother/Son - April Come She Will - Simon and Garfunkel
    Cake Cutting - How Sweet It Is - James Taylor
    Bouquet Toss - Lady Marmalade - Pointer Sisters
    Last Dance - You've Lost That Loving Feeling - Righteous Brothers
  • Options
    Processional- The Piano Guys Version of 1000 Years
    Brides Entrance- Endless Love by Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross
    Unity Ceremony- I Cross My Heart by George Strait
    Recessional- Don't Stop Believing by Journey(Fi insisted and it has to remain a surprise for everyone lol )
    Our First dance- Keeper of The Stars- Tracy Bird
    Father Daughter Dance- I loved Her First( I cant remember who its by :/)
    Mother Son Dance- Freebird. Strange but it fits them he will dance part of it with his step mother and then part of it with is bio mom and then fade it out when they are done. 

We didn't pick songs for anything else so it will just be whatever happens to be playing at the time :)
  • Options
    Our ceremony is a full Catholic mass, so I'm not sure everyone will be interested in all of that, but I am walking into Canon in D.  We are walking out to Morning has Broken.

For the reception, we are having everyone walk in to Marry You by Bruno Mars. 

Our first dance is Fools Rush In (Can't Help Falling in Love) - Elvis

Father Daughter dance is My Little Girl by Tim McGraw and Mother Son dance is Gospeed (Sweet Dreams) by the Dixie Chicks.

Cake cutting is When I'm 64 by the Beatles. 

And our last song is The Best Is Yet to Come by Frank SInatra!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Prelude: Sheep My Safely Graze, Bach
    Parents/Grandparents Seating: Ave Maria, Schubert
    Bridal Party Processional: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Bach
    Bride's Processional: Canon in D, Pachelbel
    Recessional: The Throne Room, John Williams
    Introductions: White Wedding, Billy Idol
    First Dance: Faithfully, Journey
    Stepfather-Daughter Dance: Simple Man, Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Mother-Son Dance: You Are The Sunshine Of My Life, Stevie Wonder (?)
    Cake-cutting Song: Thriller, Michael Jackson

FI can't decide on a song, and keeps trying to make FMIL pick it. She will, but I think she'd rather he do it. He's being lazy, so I need to get him to make a decision ASAP.

The cake-cutting song is a long story. We're planning to learn the entire Thriller dance and do it right after our cake-cutting. He might spin something else during the cutting itself, I don't know--but the intro to the song is really long, so we can always just use that. 

ETA: Totally forgot about the BP introductions! FI and I are crazy excited about using the Billy Idol song (it's one of my faves).
  • Options
    I'm not picky about the music but I didn't want "traditional". So here's my list:

Guys processional (FI wanted one)- Pumped Up Kicks- Foster the People
    Girls processional- Somebody That I Used to Know- Gotye
    Bride- Sail- AWOL Nation
    Recessional- I Hope You Die- Bloodhound Gang (these are all instrumental version NO LYRICS!)
    Bridal Party introduction- Sandstorm- Da Rude
    Bride & Groom Intro- Bruins Goal Song
    First Dance- still haven't decided
    Father/Daughter- Andy Williams
    Mother/Son- In My Life- Beatles

I don't care about the cake cutting songs and all that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c16980b4-56ab-4ae4-b101-8d29fe60fb69Post:8f50bcca-5b02-44be-b59b-d866455e2213">Re: Music?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Processional- One Direction What Makes You Beautiful Cover <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqTwnAuHws&list=UUmKurapML4BF9Bjtj4RbvXw&index=10" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqTwnAuHws&list=UUmKurapML4BF9Bjtj4RbvXw&index=10</a> Bride's Processional- Rockelbel's Canon  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV5_xj_yuhs" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV5_xj_yuhs</a> Recessional-  Recessional- Rick Astley Never Gonna Give You Up, FI was quite insistant on this 
    Posted by Spunky414[/QUOTE]

You are literally going to rickroll everyone at your wedding! hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards