April 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding weekend

So after we got engaged in mid February we went full speed ahead picking the date, booking venue, choosing linens, my dress, DJ and photographer.  Then we stopped and took a breath and said, hey, we have time to relax.  Our goal is to not have our summer completely taken up with wedding stuff.  While it's fun, it's still time consuming going to appointments, etc.  The other day we were talking and we named off the things we need to do next and realized there are quite a few more things we'd like to get nailed down.  So that's our goal this weekend.  Tonight we're making our list of things to be done and going to try to get going on them right away.  We want to get save the dates and invites ordered, guest list (as close to final) with addresses on a spreadsheet, get quotes for flowers, pick out more music.  Those are a few of the things we need to get going on.  And I am finding fun stuff online that we want, not need, to buy.  I was hoping to not have too many wants, but I can't resist.  I am booking the steel drum player for our cocktail hour today so that is one check of the list.  

It will feel good to get things going again because I just know time is going to fly!  Once summer is over it seems like holidays are right around the corner.  

Anyone else have wedding checks to do this weekend??

Oh, and one other thing on my list is to win the lottery this weekend.  I'll keep you posted on that!

Happy Friday!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding weekend

• Options
    Sounds like fun. I feel so far behind. The only thing we've done is book our venue. And we hired a planner last week. Other than that it has just been little things (I have my save the dates, and for the most part the guest list is finalized.)

But tomorrow I am going dress shopping!! I am so excited! I have been (many times) before, but I feel ready to buy something now and am really hoping that I find my dress tomorrow :)

Good luck with your wedding planning weekend. And with winning the lottery :)
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • Options
    I have pretty much everything done, also, aside from an officiant and ceremony music and little things, like decor.  

I'm working this weekend, so...no wedding stuff for me!  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow its soo nice to hear that other brides are knocking out stuff on their list!  My family was starting to joke that i was the most organized bride they have ever seen! I have booked my ceremony and reception venue, my hotel blocks for my guests, my florist, and I am beginning to research djs and transportation.

I also picked up my dress last week, and all of my bridesmaid dresses.

This weekend I am planning on trying to finish some of my save the dates and starting on a few of my diy projects for my wedding.

• Options
    You are all so awesome! It's going to feel so great not having any last minute checks to do as we get closer to April. We have a big chunk of our planning done resort booked, ceremony/reception venue, dress, wedding bands, save the dates. Currently just working on the photographer then I'll relax for a bit.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have been trying to check things off my wedding to-do list, but I'm also planning my daughter's 5th birthday party for next month, which is also taking up some time.  Thankfully, today I was able to set up our hotel room blocks so that's one less thing to worry about.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    jls522jls522 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We've made a dent in our planning as well--ceremony/reception venue, DJ, photobooth, photographer, officiant, hotel block and honeymoon are all booked! I found my dress last week and have a lead on the girl's dresses. Once we nail that down, it's time to find a florist! I'm feeling good about where we are, but I think the details will drive me crazy down the stretch :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a lot of big cheques - venue, photographer, DJ, caterer (maybe, we put the deposit down but are second guessing going with them), dress but we still have a lot of important cheques we need to get to: officiant, stationary/invitations, florist/decor. We have taken a bit of a break over the last 3 weeks, no checks for the weekend though. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I completely forgot that I already booked the Caterer and The Linen Lady, also my amazing photographer, and my favorite bakery is making my wedding cake!
  • Options
    This weekend I picked up my dress which came in super quick and meeting with our top choice photographer. Appointment time is still up in the air which drives me crazy but its because we are trying to meet with her after she does a photo shoot in Times Square instead of traveling the 2 hours out to her Long Island studio. I feel like we've gotten so much done already but there's so much more to do.   
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards