April 2013 Weddings

Final dress fitting Pic

So, here is the final product. It's bustled in the back. For some reason, I'm just not liking it. I'm going to try it on Wednesday with the veil and jewelry, but I feel like it's too low in the boob area. I'm just not feeling great either, because of my weight, but that's a whole different story. Should I put straps on? Or would that be too much with my necklace and veil? Should I try to raise it, or put pads in the boob area to hoist them? There are bra cups in there. Something about it just feels off!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Final dress fitting Pic

• I think you look absolutely stunning!

when you say too low in the boob area, do you mean you think you'll be pulling it up all night? If that is the case I would see if something can be done for that. But otherwise I think you look FANTASTIC!!
  • Well, she tightened to make sure it wasn't slipping anymore- it's definitely tight enough that I won't be pulling it up. I just felt like there was too much skin and fat, maybe my boobs were too low and saggy!! But I'm thinking the necklace and veil will help a lot with that... But thank you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It looks great!  I think it is perfect!  Very pretty!  Necklace and Veil - perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • You look lovely!
  • You look great!  I remember why I originally loved that dress!  I struggled with the strapless part of the dress as well.  If I would have kept it I think I would have added cap sleeves.  However I wasn't wearing a veil and I think a veil would certainly make a difference.  I would try the whole thing on before making a decision.

Another alteration I saw when contemplating that dress was girls doing a modified sweetheart neckline. Just adding that little change seemed to change the neckline in a big way.  Something to consider maybe if you are still unhappy with it.

But honestly you look great and I bet when you put it all together its going to be fabulous!
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• I think you look fantastic, but I also think bdpbride is right: you would find a sweetheart neckline more flattering. A chunky necklace might also draw the eye up, but I'm not an expert on that one.

Whatever you wear, you're going to be a beautiful bride no matter what! The joy you feel in marrying your FI will shine through.
  • You look great! How are you wearing your hair? If you wear it down it might take away from feeling like the top is sitting too low. 
  • The sweetheart neckline is out... I know that much! But the necklace is slightly chunky and the veil does have a layer that falls around the shoulder/boob area. My hair will be up but it's fuller on top. I'll take more pictures when I try it all on Wednesday night. Hopefully the too much skin in the chest area showing is what is throwing me off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you look great and adding the accessories will help.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think it looks fantastic. I also think Von is right, a chunky necklace would be fabulous with it.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I think you look beautiful. Wait until you try it on with everything. If you feel uncomfortable still, you could ask about strap options. They're plain enough that it won't take away from jewelry/veils etc.
    Anniversary
  • You look lovely! I don't think it's too low in front at all; I bet with your accessories you'll feel better! The dress looks to me like it fits great. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards