April 2013 Weddings
Options

ceremony music

Have any of you picked out your ceremony music? I'm on youtube right now, listening to songs that are recommended by my Church. Not totally my favorites... 

Re: ceremony music

• Options
    I've changed mine up in a bit, but these are the final

Parents/bridesmaids- Canon in D
    Me- Bridal Chorus
    Walking out- Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles

But- it will all be done on accoustic guitar and in a slower rhythym so it's really pretty!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_ceremony-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:d1cd1d50-8da1-466e-a466-805ae9b10419Post:0de0b055-5501-44e9-bfa8-5ff75ba81899">ceremony music</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have any of you picked out your ceremony music? I'm on youtube right now, listening to songs that are recommended by my Church. Not totally my favorites... 
    Posted by chinofiesta93[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately our church will only let us do certain songs, so we're going to be kind of stuck. Before you start looking around, you might want to check if they have any rules/regulations for that sort of thing (for example, while a Beatles song would be awesome, it would not be allowed at my church).
  • Options
    I just started searching...... I think I want Ryan Tedders version of Halo as I walk down the aisle. And I know I want something really fun & upbeat as we walk out but I haven't found the right song yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I have also been thinking about this, but have had no luck. We are not getting married in a church. I kinda wish we were so I had a set of songs to choose from. We love country music, so I am sure we will incorporate this into the processional and reccessional. I do love "somewhere over the rainbow" by jason castro so i was thinking of that being our recessional song.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Processional: The Promise of Living, Aaron Copeland arranged for strings and organ by my dad. (The isle is short, so we will use this for everyone from the moms, to the men, the bridesmaids, and me.)
    Unity Candle: Galileo, Josh Groban
    Recessional: Angel of Joy, a piano piece our church accompanist played a couple years ago that I really love. It will probably need to be arranged as well.

It does depend on your church as to what they allow. We're Methodists, and pretty liberal ones at that, plus Dad's the choir director/head of music, so the music is not an issue for us. I know certain churches or denominations are more restrictive. Check first, but I would say as long as your music is, at best, religious/reverential, or at worst, innoffensive, you'll probably be ok.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards