April 2013 Weddings

Getting Engagement photos done April 1st!

just thought i'd share since I am so excited!! <3
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Getting Engagement photos done April 1st!

• ah thats exciting! where are you getting them done?

im waiting on my photographer to get back to me as to when it will work to get them down, im pretty excited as well!

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! Congrats on that.
    I don't think we will spend the money on engagement photos.
    How much did it cost? Do you think I'll regret not having them done? 
    I've been laying awake at night worrying about the cost of stuff for the wedding already. We are paying for our own wedding since we are not exactly kids anymore. I thought maybe we would just try to take a couple of nice photos on our own. I am excited for you though. It is going to be awesome!!!!!!!Share one when you get them back.
  • Yay! How exciting! Do you know what you two will wear? Any specific place you want to take them at?

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_getting-engagement-photos-done-april-1st?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:d58f44e7-63cc-43c8-8292-80150b978b58Post:4e9d9b83-625f-4e05-bfc7-e37f94b54c83">Re: Getting Engagement photos done April 1st!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! Congrats on that. I don't think we will spend the money on engagement photos. How much did it cost? <strong>Do you think I'll regret not having them done?</strong>  I've been laying awake at night worrying about the cost of stuff for the wedding already. We are paying for our own wedding since we are not exactly kids anymore. I thought maybe we would just try to take a couple of nice photos on our own. I am excited for you though. It is going to be awesome!!!!!!!Share one when you get them back.
    Posted by LesaAdams[/QUOTE]

I don't think we will be doing engagement shots either. They are included in my photography package as an extra session. But I think I am going to use that to do boudouir photos for my FI.

We aren't doing STD's either to save some money, so that is the only reason I would do engagement shots in the first place.
  • awesome!! FI and I are going to do ours in June or July! We are DIYing our save the dates and want to incorporate a picture from our shots with it with hopes to have our save the dates out in September. We are also on a budget, and through much research we found our photographer! He had all inclusive package which had the e-pics. I also didnt want the traditional photos, and was looking for the photojournalistic style. He was wayyyy cheaper then what we thought we were going to have to spend.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're beginning to interview photographers tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. Since we may be saving $2000 on the reception venue, we may splurge for the $350 engagement session.

We really want to do a Day After shoot, instead of bridals or engagements. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I found a photographer that does sessions for $75/hr if I booked this week :)  His work looks amazing, it's usually $250.  I actually found him on Craigslist and then researched him on weddingwire. :)  Wea re doing them in a beautiful park in Gilbert, AZ and we are using them for our Save the Dates as well :):)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • What a deal! Make sure you post them when you can!! I can't wait. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I will :)  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, I am rethinking the whole idea of not enagagement photos. I found a package today for $199.00 but it said 250 digital photos. That seems like so many! And is all digital okay??Advice please! I am so happy all of you are here to lead me in the right direction.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards