April 2013 Weddings
Options

Language Barriers

A few weeks ago, we asked FMIL to start getting together a guest list. I know it's a bit early but she really wants to invite a lot of people and we needed her to really think about who should be coming. Got a text this evening saying "people say it too early to give you yes or no". I can only assume that she was asking people in order to put them on the list. Argh. FI sent a reply saying "Mom, please don't invite people. We just need a list from you of who you would like us to invite.". Guess we need ANOTHER meeting to explain American wedding customs.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Language Barriers

• Options

Maybe have your FI and his mom do the list together. And make sure that whoever she already asked is on the list.

Also, I don't think it is early to get a tentative guest list together. That was the first thing we did. We had to figure out how many people total to make sure our banquet hall was large enough, and to plan for the budget!

• Options
    That would require her telling us who she actually spoke with..... I really need to learn Vietnamese.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_language-barriers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:eff41eff-2461-4507-a18d-214b8d4ebc4dPost:4190928f-346e-4799-ac9c-f14c989f4583">Re:Language Barriers</a>:
    [QUOTE]That would require her telling us who she actually spoke with.....<strong> I really need to learn Vietnamese.
    </strong>Posted by sleepyb[/QUOTE]

Rosetta Stone! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards