April 2013 Weddings
Options

Monday!

Hiii ladies!
How was everyones weekend??! Did anyone get anything WR accomplished? How is everyones week shaping up?
I am still on my little break from wedding planning..We are pretty much all set with vendors.. we just have to meet with our JOP, and book a bakery but are waiting until December, January to do that. We are also planning to register in October/November (my shower is going to be Feb 17 so I am assuming invites will go out for that December) I need to start my DIY projects, but have been procrastinating and it doesn't help that the weather has been beautiful!
 I joined weight watchers with my mom this weekend. My older sister has been on it since March and has lost 20lbs. I am looking to lose atleast 1 dress size. I am petite and just want to get a little more fit for my dress etc. As far as this week goes, work of course...we have a wedding on Friday, and at surprise party in Rhode Island on Saturday.  
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Monday!

• Options
    Well, aside from buying a house this weekend, I saw Boyz II Men and that was AWESOME.  Oh, and the Pirates are in first place, too!

Today I'm ready to, um, growl loudly, at these kids I'm teaching.  I put a movie on this afternoon since it's ridiculously hot in here and it's the second to last day of school.  they're talking through it.  I give them candy, they complain about the candy.  One has her shoes off and won't do anything...I caught her creeping in my purse before.  Argh!

WR: I should probably be doing more than I am.  Oops.  I mean, I have the big things. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:fede2e80-5ec4-4f8c-b970-47bf9d5edf4ePost:5d51ffd9-403e-47d3-b415-5eea5fd69e5b">Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiii ladies! How was everyones weekend??! Did anyone get anything WR accomplished? How is everyones week shaping up? I am still on my little break from wedding planning..We are pretty much all set with vendors.. we just have to meet with our JOP, and book a bakery but are waiting until December, January to do that. We are also planning to register in October/November (my shower is going to be Feb 17 so I am assuming invites will go out for that December) I need to start my DIY projects, but have been procrastinating and it doesn't help that the weather has been beautiful!  <strong>I joined weight watchers with my mom this weekend.</strong> My older sister has been on it since March and has lost 20lbs. I am looking to lose atleast 1 dress size. I am petite and just want to get a little more fit for my dress etc. As far as this week goes, work of course...we have a wedding on Friday, and at surprise party in Rhode Island on Saturday.  
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

My coworker gave me a copy of the point values for all of the foods. I tried it for about a day and I gave up. Because I love bad foods way too much. I am quite certain you will kick butt and do way better than me!

I am so so close to finishing my hangers. We need to drill the holes and then attach them. <strong>Christine</strong>, did you have any trouble getting them to lay flat or any problems with the end of the wire? I just made the names and kind of left it at that. Should I go through and fix the wire ends before I do anything else? I just want to get these darn things done so I can ask people lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:fede2e80-5ec4-4f8c-b970-47bf9d5edf4ePost:67adc90d-feae-42c3-95a8-21234593f9ed">Re: Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Monday! : My coworker gave me a copy of the point values for all of the foods. I tried it for about a day and I gave up. Because I love bad foods way too much. I am quite certain you will kick butt and do way better than me! I am so so close to finishing my hangers. We need to drill the holes and then attach them. <strong>Christine , did you have any trouble getting them to lay flat or any problems with the end of the wire?</strong> I just made the names and kind of left it at that. Should I go through and fix the wire ends before I do anything else? I just want to get these darn things done so I can ask people lol.
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

Yes! I don't think they will exactly lay flat, and now that I am just storing them when I look at them because I layed them on top of each other I find myself having to lay them on a table and press them down. I should probably just hang them in a closet instead of laying them on top of each other in a box. I used wire cutters for the end of my wires and the way that it cut made it a little difficult to put in the holes we drilled, but I managed to make it work. Can't wait to see pics of your finished hangers!
  • Options
    I finally completed the last coats of spray paint on our table numbers.  And Christine I am so jealous that you have all your vendors.  We can't seem to find a photographer that we like and can afford.  I got a recommendation from a friend of my  future sister in laws so I'm hoping he will be great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got our photographer settled this weekend, which finishes off all our major vendors. FI and I made some progress on honeymoon planning and took a bunch of travel books out from the library. My last temp job ended so I'm back to looking for work full time, so I'm going to start my DIY projects to break up the monotony. I finished grad school in December and this not having regular work thing has gotten old, I was used to being a full time student with a full time job and an internship.

Luckygirl are you in northern NJ? A lot of the photographers we looked at work in NJ too and we were looking in the under $2000 range if you'd like our list.    
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    yes spunky414 i am in northern new jersey...near paramus (shopping capital of the world! hehe)  i would be so happy if you would share any info you may have!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I private messaged you
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Lucky--- I hope you will find a photographer soon! how are your table numbers coming out?? I need to paint the wood numbers and attach them to the frame still.

• Options
    Well, I did find out that my #1 (and ONLY) choice I wanted for our rehearsal dinner was already booked on the night we needed.  So.... I found out that the hotel where our rooms are blocked  has a meeting room that will work and the restaurant I wanted for our RD will cater.  So, problem solved, even if it's not EXACTLY what I wanted.  Good enough for me, though. 

I got quotes for invitation printing, a quote for a custom wedding band (FI bought an oval solitaire and I'm having the HARDEST time finding something that works well with it) and we FINALLY got our Save the Date postcards so I have some addressing to do.

Did a bunch of non-WR stuff too.  This weekend was really busy and I'm glad it's over!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards