Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Where did you get your inspiration for the theme and colors?

What thing, motif, experience, or feeling contributed to your theme/color scheme for your wedding? Is it some favorites, or does it invoke something more, deeper?

Re: Where did you get your inspiration for the theme and colors?

• The intial colors in my wedding were apple red and black. The inspiration for these color was my fiance and I 's tendency to wear red and black alot. After my fiance's concern with the colors looking too gothic, I choose to incorporate peacock feathers into the wedding for the boutineres as well as hair pieces for the bridesmaids. Also, I decided to incorporate some herbs into the decoration of the bouquets, aisle chairs, and table centerpieces. For the bouquets, I decided on champagne roses which matched the color of my wedding dress and red and purple flowers (dahlias and ranunculus). I will be handing out turquoise blue hand fans to guests for the ceremony so they can keep cool. I will also have turquoise blue chinese paper lanterns which will be surrounded my mini herbal wreaths for table centerpieces.
  • cmg317cmg317 member
    First Comment
    We met watching LSU football and we are both LSU alumi so purple was the obvious choice. We had my ring specially made so I could have the amythist accents. We don't want it to look like an LSU peprally so we are going with purple and ivory with silver and gold accents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards