Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Wedding Invitations - $$$

I went to price invitations in New Orleans (where my wedding is), but I live in Baton Rouge.  The "simple yet elegant" ones I picked at Scriptura came back with a cost of $1900 for 100 invitations, reply cards & envelopes for both. (So not in my budget!)  What are some of the more unique invitation companies that don't come with insane prices in Baton Rouge?

Re: Wedding Invitations - $$$

• Knelso6Knelso6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Party City on Siegen. They have some of the same books the smaller boutiques have but just for ordering from there you automatically get 30% off. Plus it only takes about 1-2 weeks to proof the final copy and get all of them finished and ready to go.
  • JessicaLyn123JessicaLyn123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine online from Exclusively Weddings. They will send you a sample before you buy them, for free. I got 175 invitations, response cards, reception cards, thank you cards, and ALL the envelopes I needed for $495.
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend contacting Amber with Premier Butterfly Events. She custom created my invitations for much less then I was finding online. And she did an amazing job. I am having her do my menus, programs, table names (we arent doing numbers), seating chart, etc. And she is encorporating the theme from the invitation into all of the items we are getting printed. Not to mention, she does all the printing as well and it is costing much less.

I know she has a special going on right now until the end of the month. The website is www.PremierButterflyEvents.com.

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Bridal Bungalow yesterday. It is an off shoot of Paper N Things. It is in Bocage. It was A LOT more affordable than I was expecting. Ms. Gay works exclusively with wedding invites/paper. She is awesome. She works within your budget and if you find something that you love but it's out of your price range, she'll work to find something similar in your range. Definitely check it out.

We are also getting married in NOLA but I pretty sure we're going to get the invites in BR.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • acaitacait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FH works at a sign shop in BR, so we ordered a digital bridal suite from a vendor on Etsy.  She's creating our files (invitation, RSVP, website card & a program) based on a design template that we chose from her portfolio and we'll print them ourselves at his job.  I can't really cope with the thought of spending a huge chunk of my budget on invitations, even though I love graphic design.  I like having the ability to print as many or as few of each different document as I want/need.  The design cost $65, the cardstock/envelopes and postage ought to bring it to about $200 total.  Etsy has a great deal of graphic designers that are willing to customize digital bridal suites for you -- you should really check it out. :)
    Jacob & Aimee
    Team Zachary, established September 3, 2011
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • teamporcheteamporche member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yea i work at party city on siegin im getting married in april 2012 we have some invitations on sale 25 for 100 but u got to print them urself we saved abot $200 on invittations
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine through Premier Butterfly Events. They create custom work also. My budget was 500 and and my total contract with them came out to $325. Def. saved money and they are beautiful. The ship for free also so I saved on the shipping charges. www.PremierButterflyEvents.com.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking at WhiteAisle.com - I think we're going to do letterpress invites with the digital print reply cards(to save money).  I should get the samples in this week!  Thanks for all you suggestions!  They have some really beautiful designs & no tax or shipping!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually a wedding invitation designer and wedding planner in Lafayette. I actually started designing because every time I took a bride to look at stationery they were shocked by the price. I have a standard collection but also do custom. 
    Hope this helps and best of luck!!
    Valerie 
    Southern Fete
  • lnbpenningtonlnbpennington member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from Invitations by David's Bridal and I am VERY happy with them.  I also had two other friends order theirs from them and loved them too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards