Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Ceremony Musicians

Can anyone recommend their ceremony musicians?

Re: Ceremony Musicians

• billylou84billylou84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Complete Music and they are doing our ceremony and reception.
  • msiguemsigue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Harmony is providing our ceremony and cocktail hour music.  They are a jazz band we found through Gig Masters online.  We loved their samples and we love that its a group of older gentlemen.Complete Music is providing the music at our reception.
  • stephiemikestephiemike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Linda Kidd (organist/pianist - 337-981-7378), Will Green is the Trumpeter (337-277-7791) and Esther Tyre Mertz is our violinist (337-344-2777). I know they have all played together before and if you want something played they don't know, they will learn it.
  • edited December 2011
    stephiemike,  around how much do they charge and are they from around the Lafayette area or do they charge for travel expenses?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are all in Lafayette and I don't think they charge to travel. I'm getting married in abbeville and have no extra charges. It's about $200 each for the ceremony. My mom has been closely associated with the musical community in Lafayette for 20 years and knows these musicians well. I do know that when my mom sang/played in weddings 15 or so years ago she charged about $150-175 a wedding so prices haven't changed much. if this is too steep I could ask Mom if she knows some names of UL music grads (they usually play for a little cheaper). I hope this helps!! Let me know if I need to get other names for you.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IberiaBelle - My mom couldn't give any names from ULL because she couldn't personally vouch for them but here's the info if you want to call: ULL Music dept. OR the Acadiana Symphony Orchestra Conservatory, 232-4277.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I am a baton rouge bride as well, but I am also a piano performance major at southeastern. I've been playing piano for 12 years and would love to play for your ceremony. If you are interested in prices and whatnot...send me an email at elizabeth.hingle@selu.edu   Thanks!
  • klimtmuseklimtmuse member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you need a singer for a church ceremony, I am available. Paula Elissetche, Soprano. Have been singing weddings for over ten years. I know many pianists, trumpet players and other instrumentalists if you are interested. We can do traditional, classical music or more contemporary. Best to you on your wedding day!!Paula Elissetche(225) 570-2750
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards