Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Bridals

Hey guys I know there have been some post about where to take Bridals but I figured I would throw it out there again- Where are yall taking your Bridals and if it somewhere that charges how much is it? I was thinking about doing them downtown but where do you get dressed if you do them down there? I would hate to have to travel too far in my dress.. TIA!

Re: Bridals

• melissalyn05melissalyn05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am taking mine at White Oak Plantation because I am getting married there and therefore there is no charge, if you are not getting married there there is a charge but I'm not sure what it is. It is a beautiful place though and probably not as expensive as the plantation places in St. Francisville. That being said, My friend took her bridals downtown and she changed behind one of the big doors at the Pentagon Barracks (if you dont know where that is just google "pentagon barracks baton rouge, la") it is near the capitol. The pentagon has huge doors that you can open and change behind one of them, there is no public bathroom or anything that i know of. She did not have an issue with changing there, her photographer suggested it, just have your hair and makeup done in advance. Also, a lot of people like to take pictures infront of those big doors or in front of the fountain in the courtyard. HTH!
  • dlbrousdlbrous member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how to answer your question about getting dressed... but I am thinking about taking mine at Rosedown Plantation in St. Francisville. Still trying to figure out dates and other details. If you search the earlier posts, a few people mentioned having links on their pages where you can see their pics, which was helpful to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had mine taken at Rosedown Plantation in St. Francisville. It's only $5.00 per person to get on the grounds which is all you have to pay. I changed in the public restroom there. I was nervous when they told me that's the only place to change but it was a really clean bathroom, and huge! Since it was a Tuesday, no one was there so I had the place to myself. There's a lot of great photo opportunities there and I think they turned out great.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I took my bridals at Rosedown too - and was amazed by how wonderful my pictures came out!!!  My seemstress suggested bringing large sheets with me to change on, and tuck under my dress to not get it dirty - and it was the best advice I could have received.  The plantation background was a steal for $5.00 per person - you just have to be out of the grounds by 5pm sharp.  We got there around 3:15 and had great lighting and took amazing pictures.  The public bathroom is very large and had no problem accomidating my long train.  Just don't forget white sheets or some sort of visquin to hide under your dress to keep it clean!After Rosedown closed we went into downtown St. Francisville - I stayed in my dress for the drive -- and went to an old church that was open and took more fabulous photos!  I have a wonderful photographer who offered great suggestions!  (Aaron Hogan with Eye Wander)
  • ellishughfanellishughfan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What aboutThe Old State Capitol?  you can have a reception there, so maybe they let brides take bridal pictures...  There is a wonderful stair case.http://www.sos.louisiana.gov/tabid/245/Default.aspxMount Hope? 225-761-7000 (probably too $$$)Magnolia Mound Plantation2161 Nicholson Drive225-343-4955www.magnoliamound.org information@magnoliamound.orgRural Life Museum/Burden Research  Centerhttp://appl027.lsu.edu/rlm/rurallifeweb.nsf/$Content/Weddings?OpenDocument
  • ceruiz9ceruiz9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am taking mine at Houmas and I think they charge $20 per person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards