Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Wedding Officiant

Hi everyone!  I have a question....Could you please recomment your wedding officiant.  I would prefer a male officiant and someone who doesn't mind working with couples of different denominations (I'm Baptist, He's Catholic).  I called my officiant today and he has moved to MS and didn't let me know he was moving, so my hunt begins and my wedding is only 2 months away.  Humpgh. Thanks.Karla

Re: Wedding Officiant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you want a pastor/priest or can it be a Justice of the Peace?
  • Options
    kbarron1kbarron1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any of those would be good.  I just want someone who will perform a nice christian ceremony for us...by christian I mean a prayer and maybe a scripture, not a sermon/service.  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I decided to use Mr. Breaux (AKA The Wedding Minister) - his phone number is (985) 507-1703. He was referred to me by my reception hall and he's one of their favorites. I called and talked to him - super nice guy - and he had all kinds of suggestions for keeping it religious in nature but not preachy. He asked me what religions my parents were and gave me some suggestions as to what they might expect or want out of the ceremony... He will completely tailor it to your event.
  • Options
    kbarron1kbarron1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU CHASITYLSUI will call him this afternoon.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chastity-- what is his price like? I have heard of him several times. Is he expensive?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying it throgh my venue and I think it's $175... and they add tax and gratuity to it. I'm having the wedding and reception at the Lake House on Old Hammon Highway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards