Louisiana-Baton Rouge

BR Hotels? Florists?

So I'm getting married October 9 at the Gatehouse, and I am trying to find out which hotels in the area I should recommend to my out of town guests.  Something nice, but not expensive (like under $150 per night).

Also, what are ya'lls recommendations on local florists?

And while I'm at it, I might as well ask about hair/makeup vendors too, haha!  Please give me some reviews and feedback, THANKS!  =)

Re: BR Hotels? Florists?

• edited December 2011
    Hey! I just got married at the Gatehouse last month. BEAUTIFUL, FANTASTIC place. Great pick!

We had our guests stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Siegen. It's an easy drive to the Gatehouse, a nice area with lots of restaurants and easy access to the interstate, AND the manager was SUPER helpful in making sure everyone had a great stay. He even drove my brother to Men's Wearhouse to pick up his suit when my dad and brother got lost (in a huge thunderstorm) and called the hotel to get directions.

When they showed up soaking wet and frustrated, the manager grabbed his car keys and said "Come on, I'll take you!" and just... went.

They also gave us a great group rate. I think it was like $99/night or something. Maybe cheaper.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/btrla?&stopredirect=true

1 888 465-4329

6262 Siegen Lane

Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809

Amenities:

-high-speed internet
    -hairdryer & iron in every room
    -microwave & mini-fridge in every room
    -free hot breakfast
    -outdoor pool
    -fitness center
    -all rooms are non-smoking

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Floral Addiction llc in Baton Rouge.  They have lots of pictures on their website, and she has been great to work with.  Very laid back and gets my vision.  I am laid back, and she doesn't stress me out.  I also heard The Red Onion does some floral stuff, but not sure.  Hope it helps.

As for the hotels, I haven't gotten that far into it yet.
  • mir&jasmir&jas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

As far as hotels go, Drury Inn off esson is a great hotel $150- $160 per night.
    For hair I would reccommend Salon Vita, Carrie Prochaska is the owner and has been in business for 10 years, she has been my personal stylist for 10 years as well. She can do your makeup as well. Get your bridesmaids to go to her as well, she loves doing large parties and she has great prices. Tell her Miriam referred you and you can get a discount.
    For florals I am using an interior designer friend.
    Hope all this helps, congrats on your wedding. Mine is November 5 and can't wait!

• edited December 2011
    Style Salon on Bluebonnet is great for hair. 

Ricky Heroman's on Jefferson is a great, well-known florist in BR.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards