Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Are there any good venues for a skyline wedding in Baton Rouge?

I really like the skyline in Baton Rouge, what is a good venue downtown to get it in my pics?

Re: Are there any good venues for a skyline wedding in Baton Rouge?

• jkperez4jkperez4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The balcony of the Shaw center has an awesome view!
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot about that!! I was thinking about Tsunami, but with the amount those restaurants make in a night, renting out that place for a wedding would be quite pricey...    $-(
  • edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding on the 4th floor terrace at the Shaw Center next October. It will be gorgeous! The only caveat is that you have to bring everything in yourself, but I like the opportunity to pick and choose vendors myself. The rental prices are on their website, was $300/hour when we booked last year. You could also try one of the ballrooms in the Hilton; I believe they have big windows showcasing the river...HTH.
  • edited December 2011
    shaw ctr is great, that's where i had mine.. totally agree with crazianbean the prices for all the extras they don't supply really adds up :(...  skyline picture were great though :)
  • edited December 2011
    I ate lunch with a friend of mine on the 3rd or 4th floor of the Chase tower, it is wide open, and not a bad view, but it wraps around the tower, and it is really neat!
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to have a look at the Chase Tower, as I have not heard of that before!
    I do like Tsunami with it's beautiful view, so yeah, that could definitetely work!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding on the 4th floor at the Shaw Center also. The views are beautiful and rooftop is elegant.
  • edited December 2011
    Shaw Center is pretty awesome, you can see the River, the Bridge, and the Old State Capitol, all in one spot.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the cityscape in Baton Rouge, although it took them long enough to get downtown straightened up to where it is the place to be.  I like the third street view of the old Coca-Cola Sign on the corner. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards