July 2012 Weddings

HM

I'd much rather not be at work today, and I'm dreaming of vacation.  

Where are you going on your HM?

PIP please :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: HM

• Here's the first half of our HM in Mauritius! For the second half in South Africa, not sure you care to see photos of elephants as those aren't exactly swoon worthy :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to St Lucia and staying at Sandals La Toc!  I dream of this more then I do of the wedding!!

• ditto Colleen.. St. Lucia La Toc!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fee6f32e-c7e7-4990-8e14-b17b8f6f0fccPost:fe013ffa-7953-4890-b062-00e15cfd6c18">Re: HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's the first half of our HM in Mauritius! For the second half in South Africa, not sure you <strong>care to see photos of elephants </strong>as those aren't exactly swoon worthy :)
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

<div>I love elephants.  They're my favorite zoo animal. lol  I'm super jealous of your safari (and Mauritius!)  FI said he doesn't want to go anywhere near Africa for a long time.  Bummer. :/</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fee6f32e-c7e7-4990-8e14-b17b8f6f0fccPost:b62ab90f-5a54-4646-ae37-e93b265c28c8">Re: HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to St Lucia and staying at Sandals La Toc! <strong> I dream of this more then I do of the wedding!!</strong>
    Posted by colleenm18[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously...I'm counting the days to the HM :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fee6f32e-c7e7-4990-8e14-b17b8f6f0fccPost:80c03dfd-aca7-4d35-bde3-2f1aa358f1c0">Re: HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HM : I love elephants.  They're my favorite zoo animal. lol  I'm super jealous of your safari (and Mauritius!) <strong> FI said he doesn't want to go anywhere near Africa for a long time.  Bummer. :/
    </strong>Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]

Was he stationed there? I think I recall you saying he was in the military?

And maybe he'll change his mind when you show him the photos from my HM? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are headed to Aruba! :) This is where we are staying!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have been so unfocused at work the past two days. It doesn't help that I'm the only one in the office!

We are going to Turks and Caicos. I can't wait!

imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fee6f32e-c7e7-4990-8e14-b17b8f6f0fccPost:b184933e-daf2-497e-8876-574ef263c83a">Re: HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HM : Was he stationed there? I think I recall you saying he was in the military? And maybe he'll change his mind when you show him the photos from my HM? :)
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

<div>He wasn't stationed there, but he did a lot of missions in Africa when he was in the Middle East.  I keep trying to tell him that South Africa is far far away, but he's not interested.  lol.  I will make sure to show him those pictures when you get back!</div>
  • Ah i so need a vacation!!  We are going to Aruba!!

tara beach suites pool our first hotel

tara beach suites hotel we are staying at for our first 3 nights

renaissance the 2nd hotel we are staying at for 6 nights

private island at our first hotel a boat shuttles us out to the island from the hotel lobby

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is my work desktop right now...36 more days
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fee6f32e-c7e7-4990-8e14-b17b8f6f0fccPost:3d185f4c-b34a-4e21-9d73-64e54d56f915">Re: HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah i so need a vacation!!  We are going to Aruba!! tara beach suites pool our first hotel tara beach suites hotel we are staying at for our first 3 nights renaissance the<strong> 2nd hotel we are staying at for 6 nights private island at our first hotel a boat shuttles us out to the island from the hotel lobby</strong>
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This is beautiful! I always heard that Aruba was very desert-y, but I could like this!</div>
  • Well since I have never been on an airplane nor do I plan on every going on an airplane because im a big chicken ... I can't go that far.
    But I have an idea that i'm going on a cruise. Which again, I haven't been on a cruise but i'd rather be on the ground then in the air Tongue out
    Photobucket
  • We are going to Hawaii for 10 days and visiting Oahu, Kauai, and Maui.  Here are pictures off the facebook pages' of our hotels.

Kauai

Maui

Oahu

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fee6f32e-c7e7-4990-8e14-b17b8f6f0fccPost:1c3753c3-3a21-43b2-979e-26e86f862203">Re: HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is my work desktop right now...36 more days
    Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]

That picture is absolutely gorgeous!!! Totally jealous ha ha
    Photobucket
  • We are doing San Fran and Napa Valley! We plan to eat and drink very well. So excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ahhhhhh all of these photos are making me jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to buying khakis and hiking boots. . .  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fee6f32e-c7e7-4990-8e14-b17b8f6f0fccPost:e12e73d5-feca-43e4-96cb-5a092a4307df">Re: HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]ditto Colleen.. St. Lucia La Toc!
    Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

Us too!!
    Photobucket
  • Going on a Carnival Cruise to the western caribbean... visiting Belize, Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, and Cozumel

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! 26 days till the cruise starts :D
    Getting married on July 20th, 2012!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Speaking of HMs, have you all done a lot of shopping for clothes for yours or are you taking a lot of stuff you already own? I really wanted to get a lot of new stuff, but haven't had very much time to shop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bmore -- I had to do some shopping for the safari portion (see my extensive posts about this from last week!) but I'm not really buying anything for the Mauritius part. I have a lot of beach stuff and just bought a bunch of clothing for my bach party in Vegas, so I will probably just use what I have. I don't expect to need that much clothing . . . if you catch my drift :)

I WILL BE IN MAURITIUS 3 WEEKS FROM TODAY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went shopping for a few new dresses, but I also needed some new work clothes and these can pull double duty.  I also bought a few bikinis in the spring, but again I didn't like how most of my other stuff fit because I usually buy cheap clothing.  I want to get a few more things but we'll see if I have time and what my budget looks like.

Anniversary
  • B2B - where does one shop for safari clothing?

I want to get a new swimsuit and maybe a few dresses. I might need to take a day off of work that wasn't planned b/c if I don't do it this week or next, that's it - I'm out of time! So crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just received all my confirmations for my honeymoon from my travel agent, such an appropriate day for this thread!

Anniversary
  • We're going to St. Lucia and staying in the Rondoval Suites at Sandals Grande. PICS of our private suite:

We get two private butlers to wait on our every needs 24/7 so I am so EXCITED!

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • We're going to NYC - staying at a hotel at Times Square and taking in a Broadway Show and other fun NYC things :)
  • We are going to Banff, Canada!  We wanted something a little different - and I wanted to leave this up to FI.  I am excited!  This will be the first time that FI and I have traveled alone; every time before it was either with family or to visit family.

I think we'll be doing a lot of hiking and outdoor activities, so I'm not buying new stuff for that.  But I have started buying a few new things - mostly dresses for dinner...and panties :-)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:fee6f32e-c7e7-4990-8e14-b17b8f6f0fccPost:29d2ed34-0235-40d5-941d-e535e6c40c10">Re: HM</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>B2B - where does one shop for safari clothing?</strong> I want to get a new swimsuit and maybe a few dresses. I might need to take a day off of work that wasn't planned b/c if I don't do it this week or next, that's it - I'm out of time! So crazy.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

HA! I actually have no idea. This has been the bane of my existence. I asked the safari people and they were no help whatsoever. I ended up purchasing some khakis from Gap because I didn't fit into any of the hiking gear at REI. She said it's going to be about 50 at night and then 80 during the day, so I was hoping to get some of those super-sexy convertible pants, but they didn't fit me (and I tried every brand imaginable at REI).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going to Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita in Puerto Moreles, Mexico on the Riviera Maya: 

I couldn't save the images off the website but it should be gorgeous!! 
  • For those who are curious about the safari, here's the link to the website for our lodge:

http://www.andbeyondafrica.com/luxury_safari/south_africa/sabi_sand_game_reserve/and_beyond_exeter_river
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards