Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Wedding Dress Help

I'm beginning to find out wedding dress shopping can be a very emotional process and the tears aren't always happy ones.  I am having a VERY difficult time finding dresses in sample sizes that fit me.  I wear a 10-12 in normal clothing, so 14-16 in most wedding dresses.  Every shop I've been to (Pearl's Place, BUstles and Bows, Bridal Boutique, & Yvonne Lafleur) has mostly size 8 samples which fit a size 4 person.

I've tried on a lot of dresses!  I'm at nearly 50!  Many of the dresses I've tried on were very pretty, they just didn't fit me.  I just can't visualize myself in a dress when the sample doesn't even close.  I couldn't even try on some of the sample dresses I loved.

Does anyone have suggestions for a bridal shop that has samples in size 12 or 14?? Oh and my budget is around 1,000-1,500.

Re: Wedding Dress Help

• Options
    dawnphenalddawnphenald member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you totally opposed to try David's Bridal? They have larger samples and the dresses are pretty. You make luck up and find something you like.
  • Options
    delaune87delaune87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Antoinettes in Lafayette has bigger sample sizes (call to double check) but when I went with my friends to get their dresses I seem to remember seeing those sizes- 

A'nets may also have some or even Davids Bridal if there's a style you like so you can at least try one on that fits to see if it's really want you want then you could order the one you really want from a specialty shop. We also have Sposa Bella (spelling) and Charisma (i think we have others too) but try calling them and seeing if they have sample sizes of the designer you're looking for or a specific style. 

Hope this helps! 

Glad I read yours so I know what to expect when I go! You have totally prepared me! 
  • Options
    momtobrimomtobri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear a size 16 and I found my dress at Alfred Angelo in Baton Rouge and the prices are very reasonable!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Based on prior bad (bridesmaid) experiences at David's Bridal, I do not like them very much.  However, in my desperation, I did give them a shot yesterday.  No luck there either.  It was nice to have dresses in my size to try on though!
  • Options
    Robynlee615Robynlee615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Debbie's Bridal in Gonzales! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards