Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Makeup by Aimee at Aimmeezing Faces - NOLA DESTINATION WEDDING

I decided to go to a bridal show last minute and thank goodness I did!  Aimee is a makeup artist like no other.  She has a true passion for her work and is very patient with her brides.  She wants you to be happy and is very open to suggestions and desires.  She knows how to make you beautiful even on 5 hours sleep after partying on Bourbon! 

I hired Aimee and her husband Ron as a team which was the best thing in the world.  Ron was the photographer and Aimee made me look beautiful for the shoots.  I had the pleasure of getting Aimee to do my makeup five times throughout my wedding "season" and each time I got millions of compliments and felt fabulous!  She did a trial, engagements, bridals, my rehearsal dinner, and my wedding.  During the trials I got to express my desires and we figured out what looked best for my face etc.  For my engagements she wanted me to look natural with a more every day look which she accomplished but believe me I was camera ready!  For my bridals she knew exactly how to do the makeup so the camera would make me look my best.  She was able to bring out the whites of my eyes and contour my face to make me look thinner than I really am.  For the rehearsal we had a big Mardi Gras themed welcome dinner and I was dressed as a Southern Belle.  Did I mention Aimee is great at hair too?  She did my hair and makeup flawlessly for that night and I was quite the belle of the ball!  Finally, on my wedding day she was able to make my hair thick and beautiful and just right. My makeup was pefect and I was very happy.  I also hired her to come with me to the wedding where she was able to touch me up and make sure I looked good for my walk down the aisle and the pictures beforehand.

Needless to say we are now friends after spending so much quality time together.  She is a wonderful woman with so much positive energy and a calmness about her.  She is much like an angel.  She is the perfect make up artist to have by your side on your wedding day because she just exudes peace and tranquility so it makes you feel at ease on a day where your nerves are a little on edge. 

If anyone has any question please feel free to email me at creinekullman@yahoo.com but trust me she will make you feel and look like a celebrity!

Also, I would like to say the her husband RON is a great photographer.  He takes so many pictures and captures so many moments that if you press the arrow button on your computer you can play the pictures quickly and it will actually look like a movie!  So many of our guests asked about him and loved his personality and the pictures we have shared so far people are raving!  He has an artistic eye and also a true passion for his work.  He simply loves being a photographer and it shows!

I highly recommend hiring them both as a team but if you can only hire one you can't go wrong with either!

If you would like to see some pictures of our Aimmeezing Faces experiences you can go on their web site at www.aimeezingfaces.com under Dave and Chantal January 16th.

I will try to post more pictures soon when we narrow them all down.....there are so many good ones!

Thanks for listening.

Chantal

Re: Makeup by Aimee at Aimmeezing Faces - NOLA DESTINATION WEDDING

• edited December 2011
    BEAUTIFUL portraits! I hope I have your same 'glow' my wedding day! Its hard to imagine how PERFECT the day will be with all the STRESS leading up to it! lol Just KIdding... I LOVE the picture where your faces are almost toughing, but not and you cane see the bright light coming through bringing your lips together! GORGEOUS!
  • edited December 2011

I'm new here, but I have been lurking.  I have seen countless posts about this particular photographer so I figured what the heck!  go look at his site, see what all the fuss is about,  this maybe the guy for us...

I went to their site and spent nearly 2 hours going through pictures of a bridal at a plantation (Destaihan ).  My head was spinning!  If I remember right the photographer shot over 800 shots.  Each spot they photographed the bride in, the photographer shot at least 80 to 100 pictures that all looked identical.  The bridal could have been narrowed down to about 30 pictures.  This would absolutely drive me crazy!  I found myself saying OK this second picture is just like the 3rd, 4th, 5th.......78th, 79th, 80th......90th. etc.

The drama behind this company from folks that work for them posting ads.  Aimee-zing faces themselves offering discounts to brides to come here, and post positive feedback.  What if for some chance the bride was un-happy and posted a negative, would you bill them?

By the way as I'm typing this reply, this thought hits me!   Why would you post this in our Baton Rouge board, and not in the city you were married?  Is it because you received a double discount to post here?  Please tell us...

So 2 reasons I will not consider using this company

a) the photographer would drive me plum insane!  the pictures are average, but if I had to look through 900 pictures to choose a picture,  I would be divorced prior to saying I do!

b) I will in no way be purchased with the discounts to post at their beckon call of a photographer.  If I like you I will post a positive, if I don't, it will be negative....simple

shannonH
  • ckullmanckullman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you seem really frustrated.  I wasn't given a discount to post.  I wish!  That would be nice.  I just rememered reading reviews when I was looking so i thought i would nice and post. I posted on Baton Rouge because Aimee has a studio there and I figured why not.  I can copy and paste it into the New Orleans area if that would make you happier.  If you don't like knowing that you might be able to save a family picture where someone blicked by having others than Ron might not be for you.  He tells the whole story and really has a good eye. 
  • edited December 2011
    I actually agree with what Shannon has posted. Lately the board has been bombarded by posts about them. I met them last year at a bridal show and was not impressed at all. The photographer - Ron, was very pushy. He was trying to sell work and would not let up. My friend and I felt very uneasy with him. His wife made us feel the same way. Not the photographer feeling I was looking for at all. I do not want someone to push their work/ideas on me when I am only trying to get an idea of what I may be interested in.

I think they sound kind of shady with all of the posts here lately. I honestly have no idea how they really are as I am judging them off of my one experience with them. There work is okay - not the best, but having to hear from Ron over and over about how great his work is is not the least bit entertaining.
  • edited December 2011
    So, ck, what other vendors did you have? Great ones? Poor ones?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I too went to look at Ron's pictures when someone asked about Robert Fause photography.  I felt his picture were ok.... but when you compare them to someone who is really a good photographer there was and is no comprarison.

I went back to see what Shannon was talking about, and I see exactly what she was saying.  I looked at the same bridal session and Ron took soooo many pictures of that bride it was CRAZY! 

For my wedding my photographer only shot around 400 pictures, but everyone was different and I don't think there is one I didn't like.
  • edited December 2011
    CK
      No I'm not frustrated at all, I was just stating my opinion.  The pictures look ok if I had to give a judgement.  My reply/opinion was based on a couple things....

a) looking at the pictures, and comparing them to the countless photographers they have out there.  Is it just me, or is there a photographer behind every tree. lol

b) Along with my opinion, I base part of my reply on fact.   I read in other posts from brides who are using Aimee, or considered using her that said she offers a discount to post here on the Knot.  She also refers brides who are seeking here services to come here and read all the great things brides are saying about her.

I don't know how you got exempted from that process....

I joined this board to get help from brides who went through the wedding process, and from those who are presently going through it with me  Hoping to get help with some of my decisions.  I never meant to get caught up in this mess....

To answer your statement about Ron taking so many pictures, and the other professional photographers getting someone's eye closed, being the reason for him to shoot thousands of images, doesn't make sense to me.  So the bridal I was referring to, he shot approx. 900 pictures to make sure she didn't blink in the shots.

I'm going to try not to look at any posts that are about this company since there is nothing about them catches my attention, but you know us girls! we are just naturally nosey..lol. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an overall good experience with all my vendors.  We used Darren at urban earth for our flowers, and he was very patient and creative and delivered everything perfectly and on time.  The venues, both friday and saturday were beautiful.  We used the Royal Cakery for our cake which was DELICIOUS!  They made the grooms cake perfectly which was Randy Rhodes guitar and the wedding cake was a design I made up from an original they had.  We had dulce de leche and praline and creamcheese.  Amazing! 

We had a great party planner.  Michelle Adams www.uniqueweddinginneworleans.com is her website.

We had our rehearsal at La Trobes and Jessica took care of us there, she was amazing. We also had a DJ who was great!.  Very professional, playlists were great, got the crowd going etc.  His name was Jack Magic.

Our band Saturday night was awesome!  Witness.  Everyone was dancing and having a great time.  We also had a trio but I don't know their name but Michelle the party planner does and they were delightful as well. 

THe wedding was at the Elms Mansion which was a wonderful place to have a wedding if you are looking for a Southern feel with class and diversity.  While some people were dancing the night away in the side bar room others were hanging in the tent listening to a jazz trio.  The food was delicious and Faith and McKenzie are great to work with.  We had a clear tent out back with heaters and it worked out perfectly. 

I got my wedding dress at Yvonne Le Fleur who is a doll.  Her daughter Stella helped me and we picked out the perfect dress for my figure.  The store is so neat and girly and the bridal section is very relaxing.  I had a good experience there as well.

The Hotel where I had my bridal suite was the MOnteleone.  My contact left her job right before I got there so that was a bit of a mess but regardless the Truman Capote suite was perfect for getting ready and our wedding night and the pool which is open year round and heated was a perfect way to start my weddind day and start my married life.  I was also able to get a workout in before Aimee started my makeup and hair.  It was pefect!

Oh we ordered Roman Candy from the only roman candy man in town and we had Pralines wiht our names and date on a sticker from Laural's Pralines on St. Anne St. Anne street in the french quarter.  They were so good that my sister just asked me to send her a Praline care package to New York.

Anyway, I hope that helps if you are planning a wedding in New Orleans.  Our guests had the time of their lives and haven't stopped talking about their time in NOLA.  It was all great!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just have one last thing to say.  Aimee doesn't give a discount for posting. I googled her when I met her at a bridal show.  She did mention her posts which is normal to do b/c that is networking. It is a form of advertising.,  Negative or Positive.  I am sure she figured if their was a buzz about her it would help her business, of course positive.  I knew she liked getting positive feedback so I posted.  As for Ron, his style is one in which you can see the pictures like a story.  It plays like a video.  He does edit and delete half the pictures he takes and mostly send you the good ones. 

We are happy with our pictures and people are saying how good they are so I don't think he is a mediocre photographer at all.  I especially liked how personable he as and easy to work with.  I think that is important b/c it helps you smile and be natural. 

Anyway, I posted about all my other vendors so hopefully it will help you.  I did have a NOLA wedding so not sure if it doesn't help you being you are from BR.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to Latrobe's, it's gorgeous. Thanks for posting about your other vendors. Baton Rouge isn't terribly far away and some vendors are willing to travel.

I'm glad you had an awesome wedding, it sounds like a blast. Laughing
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards