Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Best time of year for a wedding in the BR area?

Currently we are having a tough time picking a date for our wedding. We live in Chicago but will be getting married in the Baton Rouge area (my parents live there). Most of my family will be coming from overseas so I need to give them enough time to plan their trip.
We are either thinking early December (12/1/12 or 12/8/12) or otherwise March (3/23/13 or 3/30/13). If we go with March I am considering an outdoor wedding. Anyone have any more info about outdoor weddings in March, is it doable?
And also, what would be the better time of year considering costs (December or March)?
Any feedback or tips is much appreciated, thanks!!!

Re: Best time of year for a wedding in the BR area?

• Options
    I think an outdoor wedding in March is definitely doable, but it's a super popular wedding month - I think March and October are the big months because of the weather and being outside of hurricane season.

December might be easier on the budget though. I would think about what is most important to you for your wedding and then go from there.

GL!
  • Options
    I agree with the pp, the prices seem to be pretty consistent. I initially was attempting to plan a winter wedding and when I called vendors I got the same price for March - the only vendor that gave me a price difference was Heminbough in St. Francisville (it's essentially a garden so obviously it will look better in the spring and it wasn't so much a price difference, he was just willing to budge a little more in the winter)

At any rate, I'm getting married in March and we chose that month because it seemed like the best month to get decent, mild weather. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • Options

Springtime is usually nice. I would avoid summer (unless you like hot and humid weather). Remember October is football season and if its a day when LSU plays at home you may find hotels hard to come by and expensive and there will be massive traffic.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    if you choose it during football season, be ready for a thin crowd, and just be ready to have the game on at the reception!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards