Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Name changing in Lousiana

Hello!

I'm getting married soon, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with name changing: I'd like to just add on his last name, so I'll be Myfirst Mymiddle Mylast Hislast; my mom's Catholic so four names doesn't seem too absurd to me at all, lol.  However, I took a peruse at the Social Security form for changing your name, and it only has three slots - First, Middle, Last.

Can someone please advise me, specifically in the state of Louisiana, on how to do this?  How would you fill out the form?  Has anyone done this before here in LA?  Thanks!

Re: Name changing in Lousiana

• KtinagrlKtinagrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I acutally did this last year.  They had to give me two middle names.  I didn't want the hyphen to be in my last name, but they wouldn't allow my last name to be my maiden and married name without it, so I just used my maiden name as my second middle name.  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Actually, that helps a LOT.  Did you just put two names in the "middle name" section?
  • edited December 2011
    I am sooo glad to see someone keeping all of their names, but not hyphenating. Two middle names is my plan Now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards