Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Any Nottoway girls???

Are there any Nottoway Brides on here?

I was just looking for girls that have or did get married at he Nottoway plantation.

Re: Any Nottoway girls???

• cluebeecluebee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Nottoway this summer.
    January 2013 Signature Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall
    College Football Returns! Go Dawgs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic | Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    pregnancy week by week
  • micah856micah856 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO you have any suggestions?  Things you liked, disliked???  Where did you have your ceremony?  Was the Food good?  it is expensive, so I am wanting it will be great!  Do you have a specific dish that was amazing? 

Im just looking for advice.  Please help ;)
  • edited December 2011
    LOL, Micah that cracked me up. "I WANNA KNOW EVERYTHING!"

Laughing
    Anniversary
  • cluebeecluebee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I love it! I'm always more than glad to share my thoughts with folks. I just don't want to bore anyone.

The food was amazing! From the rehearsal dinner, to the lunch the day of the wedding, to the reception food, to the breakfast the morning after, all of the food was delicious. We went with the Gold Buffet option, as it gave us the gumbo that my husband so desperately wanted. I had so many compliments on the food from the guests, most of whom said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding.

We had our ceremony on the fountain side of the house. To me, it didn't make sense to have it in the front of it because of our small guest list. We wanted to keep it intimate and I felt like the fountain was the right choice for us. We also liked the idea of getting married under the oaks, but I didn't want to have to trapse through the grass in heels.

All in all, I had a pretty good experience with Nottoway. If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it there again in a heartbeat. That's not to say we didn't have issues. In the middle of everything, my coordinator left and they filled her position about a month before my wedding. In the meantime, I had Kali (the florist at Nottoway) who filled in the gap for me. I was just glad that it was summer, so I was able to focus on the wedding and make sure everyone else was focused, too.

All that said, though, my mom was telling me the other day that my aunt described my wedding as a fairytale. It was great and I loved every minute of it! If there is anything else I can tell you, just let me know! I'm glad to help! :)
    pregnancy week by week
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  I needed that :)  It helps to hear it from someone that has lived it, ya know?  :) 

I am so thrilled, and really glad to know that the food was amazing!!!  

AND YES I WANT  TO KNOW EVERYTHING HAHA HAHA...im a little wedding crazy right now :)

Thank you!  Thank you!  For the info. 
  • cluebeecluebee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are so very welcome! Like I said, if you have questions, let me know.

When I get my pictures back, I'll be glad to share some with you. Right now, we only have random pictures from some of our friends and family. The wait is killing me, but I'm just hopeful that they will be beautiful and worth it :)
    pregnancy week by week
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh ya. That will be awesome.  Can't wait to see the photos!
  • edited December 2011
    my fiance and I are also considering Nottoway for our wedding. We actually live in Canada and wanted a "destination wedding" that was different form the usual Mexico or Dominican Republic. We are having a small wedding with approx. 50 people. Wanted to know if anyone who has been married there can tell me if they used the in house florist and what the flowers were like. since we do not live anywhere near Louisianna we are trying to make this as simple and as inexpensive as possible. Any suggestions for vendors etc.. would be very much appreciated. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am also planning a destination Wedding at Nottoway.  My wedding is not until May 2011, but my time with the Nottoway staff has been really amazing.  Also, for a SMALL wedding Nottoway is pretty good price wise, because so many things are included.  For example, the chairs, china, linens, and not to mention the setting is just beautiful every where.  I looked at other destination venues where they charged you per fork, spoon, six dollars per chair...it got really crazy! With nottoway, it isnt that way...they want your wedding to be nice, and elegant.  I paid $500 for the use of the plantation, and all of the wedding necessities it has to offer.

They do however, make their money on food.  They charge per person, and I believe that the least expensive package begins around 70 per head. Which isn't so bad IF you are having a small wedding. I went to a tasting recently, and the filet was excellent!  I have only heard/tasted good things as far as food is concerned.

Also, you will have to have a small wedding like ours on a Friday, or Sunday.  Which is a bummer. 

The plantation florist, Kali, is amazing.  I have a very small budget, and she is still treating me like a princess, and making sure that my flowers are beautiful.  She is wonderful.  Also, if you have the ceremony out front, there isn't a big need for flowers, the house is all of the decoration you need.  Really, Kali, the florist, is one of the best things Nottoway has to offer.

Also, if you do choose Nottoway, ask to work with Katilyn, she is a sweetheart to work with and if she doesn't know the answer, she will find it out for you asap! 

That's all of the info. I have, hope it helps you decide. 

• cluebeecluebee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided to go with Kali for my wedding and I loved my flowers. Also, I had a small wedding (50ish people) but we were able to have our wedding on a Saturday night (wedding at 6 pm, social hour from 6:30 - 7:30 pm, reception from 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm). Here are a few non-pro pictures of my flowers. Kali also did programs for me that turned out really nicely.

Ceremony Area

My MOH  and her bouquet, a smaller version of mine.

We pulled the ceremony arrangements, as well as the pew cones, into the reception for decoration on the piano.
    pregnancy week by week
  • edited December 2011
    I am absolutely in love with Nottoway and I have all but decided upon it for my wedding.  My fiance and I are not planning on getting married until I graduate law school, which is a little over two years from now so it's a bit too early to be bugging the nice ladies at nottoway for details.  so I was wondering if you could tell me what all is included in the wedding package, and how much is extra charge.  We will be paying for our own wedding, so our budget is limited (10-15K).  I know the website says their is an on site flourist, but how much does that cost? and do they charge for chairs, tables, plates, linens, etc?  Also, how is the pricing for the rehersal dinner their? Would it be cheaper to have the rehersal dinner elsewhere and just stop by nottoway the day before for a run-through? I would like for my entire family to stay fri-sun at nottoway, but that all depends on the pricing.  Are there any fees you were surprised about? Thank you SO SO much!! ~Lindsey
  • katiescott9katiescott9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not trying to be discouraging, but I honestly don't know how a wedding at Nottoway would be possible with a 10-15K budget unless it's REALLY small.  The packages start at $75/person and that's just for the reception (have to pay extra for rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, flowers, tax, gratuity, etc.).  Food, wine, beer, linens, china, tables, and chairs are included in that price.  I'm getting married there this September and more than likely will end up spending $70,000 on my wedding with about 250 guests.  Thankfully, I'm my parents only daughter and they've been saving for this my whole life, and I waited til I was 30 to get married.  That cost does include rooms for Friday and Saturday for my bridal party and our immediate families.  Honestly, if i had it to do all over again I would get married somewhere else.  I just think that the price is outrageous.  I haven't had my wedding yet and I've never been to one at Nottoway but I just can't imagine that it can really be that much better than somewhere like Hemingbough in St. Francisville (which would be about half the price I think).
  • katiescott9katiescott9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rehearsal dinner was $500 to rent the space and then the cheapest package they have is $25/person and that doesn't include any alcohol.  The ceremony is $7/person with a $500 minimum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards