Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Lafayette, LA reception

I need ideas of places i could hold a reception in Lafayette, LA 

i really want the UL alumni house but it is $5,000 just to rent it no food or chairs NOTHING, thats just too expansive for me

do yall have any other ideas of places i could hold it?

its going to be a night wedding either in June or November if that helps

Re: Lafayette, LA reception

• edited December 2011
    Yeah the Alumni house would be amazing, but they are proud of it! 

I looked at the Cajundome, the lady I spoke with (Erica) was very helpful and very informative. They have in house catering and barbacks, and offer a special for room rental and food...ex.. The Festival Ballrooms rent for $1180, but if you spend $4720 (4x room amount) the room is comped. They also have smaller rooms for around $950 or so, same deal applies, 4x the room its free...and it doesnt take much to get there.

There is also Riveroaks Catering over on Kaliste Saloom, I'm going talk with them Thursday hopefully and can maybe get back with you, and finally my last on my list is Joey's Catering, right across from Cajun Field on Bertrand...they have a room there that can hold a $150 person Hors d'ouvere reception, he said the average wedding was around $3000. I've seen the space and its really beautiful, they set up, tear down, serve etc . 

Hope it helps...and Congrats!
  • court476court476 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

yeah we were looking into all though places, did you go to River oak? how was it? 

i havent had a chance to go there yet because im currently in alaska but im from there so i know a little bit about it

• edited December 2011
    I haven't gone to Riveroak yet, however my FH had a business meeting there last week, and he said it would be kind of cramped for 100-125 people (He was in the Camellia Room) and wasn't entirely sold on the food they offered. It is however more affordable than some of the other choices here in town. 

I also received an email this week about a remodeled home downtown, http://www.espritdecoeur.com/ I haven't been but it seems to be more for less than 100 definitely. 

If I get anymore tips I will pass them your way. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hope your search is going well. We just go done going through the same process looking to accommodate ~175 people. Most are close, but some are 30 min from downtown Lafayette. Not sure where your wedding will be.

Just a quick list of the places we considered. All are less than 1/2 of the Alumni House. PM me if you want details

-The UL Art Museum Courtyard and A. Hays Town Building
     beautiful space

-The Abacus - undergoing renovations now, but will be finished October 

-The Madison - great space with stage 

-L' Eglise - converted church 

-Sunny Meade

-Cafe Vermillion Ville

-Maison d' Tours - small but gorgeous
  • edited December 2011
    Vermillionville. I don't know if you are looking for a ceremony site also, but the church there is really cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards