Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Northshore Vendor Reviews (kinda long sorry)

My husband and I got married November 25 in Mandeville, so most of my venders are from that area but I wanted to share anyway.

Ceremony/Reception Site: Pontchartrain Yacht Club (Mandeville, LA)

I really wanted to get married near the water, so this was my main motivation for choosing the Yacht club. We did the ceremony on the lawn and it was beautiful. I had a nice long walk down the aisle, the timing for the sunset was perfect and it was everything I imagined. The reception was held upstairs in the Regatta room. I think the room was a little small for the size of my wedding but it was still really beautiful. We also had access to the balcony right outside the reception room which was really nice for the crowd spill over.  Jaime is the coordinator at the Yacht club and her services come with the room, which was great (she was also a major reason we chose the Yacht Club). However I think she was a little shorthanded that day because everything didn’t run quite as smoothly as I had expected. My bridesmaids had to adjust decorations a little, and some of the timing for things like the cake cutting was off a bit. But overall we couldn’t have had such a great day without her.

Catering: Catering by Don

The food was AMAZING! I didn’t get to eat much during the reception, but they packed plenty for us to take home and eat the next day. Don was great! He met with us several times to work on exactly what we wanted. We had a lot of out of town guest so we wanted to show off some of the great Louisiana cuisine. He used a lot of seafood in really creative ways. We had things like spinach and artichoke crepes with crab and brie on top, bite size muffalettas, pepper jack grits with fried catfish and crawfish etouffee, andouille stuffed chicken, and white chocolate bread pudding. This was definitely one of my most favorite parts.

Ceremony/ Reception Music: Complete Music (Jeremy was our DJ)

They were always really quick to respond and very helpful. Jeremy was great; our guest (especially our flower girls) had a lot of fun with him. I told him the type of music we typically like and he did a great job picking out music for the reception. He played something for every age group and we dance all night long!

Ceremony Officient: Chaplin Jerry Schwehm

Chaplin Schwehm was very quick to respond and agree to do our wedding with our odd date which was helpful; but outside of that I wasn’t overly impressed. He was nice enough and did his job so I can’t complain.

Hair: Amy’s Place (Covington, LA)

Mrs. Amy was wonderful. She and Mrs. Direnda got all 8 girls’ hair done, they all looked beautiful and they got us out of the salon in time. We also had the salon to our self that day and they allowed us to bring in champagne and snacks. We had a great time getting ready there.

Make Up: Dontrell Williams through Exquisite Events

Dontrell did an exceptional job. She used airbrush makeup and it looked amazing all day. She also did all 8 girls. I had only booked her for 4 of the girls but by the time the 3rd girl was getting her make up done the other 4 wanted theirs too. We were complemented all night long on how beautiful the makeup was.

Flowers: by Donna on Winn Dixie (on Hwy 21 in Covington, LA)

The flowers were AMAZING! I booked Donna because she gave me a really great price, but I didn’t think the flowers would be as beautiful as they were. I really wanted hydrangeas and Donna warned me that they can wilt very quickly, but I took my chances anyway. They were absolutely beautiful all day and night long. I put them back in water the next day and they perked right back up again. It has been over a week now and they are just starting to wilt. Donna was so sweet and helpful I couldn’t have asked for anything more. Oh and did I mention the INCREDIBLE price she gave me, far less than any other quote I got.

Cake: Marguerite’s (in Slidell)

The wedding cake, of course, tasted and looked amazing. My groom’s cake was a special order and they did so much more than I asked for and it turned out awesome. My fiancé really likes cheese. So I got him a double layer cake shaped like a cheese wheel. It was a huge hit and they even made one of the layers actual cheesecake. It was so much fun!

Photographer: Jay Theriot with Decisive Image

Jay was my most favorite vendor of all! He did such an AMAZING job. His work is so beautiful and he was really fun to work with. He made us feel very comfortable and was very unobtrusive during those special, private moments. He also had a partner he worked with, so we got a two for one deal. His prices are amazing for the quality of photos. And he already sent me a preview of our photos (just barely a week after the wedding) and the picture are beautiful. He makes you look like you belong on the cover of a magazine in nearly every shot.  He has given us pictures that will be treasured for a lifetime!

Bridesmaid Luncheon: Vianne’s Tea House

I wanted to take my girls to lunch before it got too crazy so after hair and makeup we went to Vianne’s. It is an adorable old house they have turned into a unique tea house. We had our own private room; they made a beautiful, light lunch for us and pick out some amazing teas for us to try. They even set up some room dividers so we could get ready there and have extra time for pictures. It was the perfect way to spend time with my girls and thank them before the wedding started. I know the photographer also got some really cool shots here. Lunch was also very reasonably priced.

Rehearsal Dinner: Don’s Seafood Hut (in Covington)

Dinner was very nice. We had a private room the menu had some great options and we got to have a lot of fun without worrying about disturbing other customers. The prices for the set menu were also really good.

Bridesmaid/Flower Girls/ MOB dresses: David’s Bridal

I let my girls chose whatever dress they wanted in the fern color. Two of my bridesmaids got their dresses and the third went to get hers and she was told they had discontinued the color. They had to find one in her size off the shelf. They did the same thing to my Jr. bridesmaids. In the end it worked out and everyone got the dress they wanted, but they could have let us know the color was being discontinued sooner. My mom ordered her dress and it had a bolero with. The bolero was the correct size, and we assumed the dress was the correct size as well so we did not check it. A few weeks before the wedding we realized the dress was the wrong size and had to fight David’s bridal to get them to rush order the correct size. We ended up ordering a back up dress because the David’s dress didn’t come in until the week of the wedding. I also know that David’s sold my cell phone number to solicitors and I got calls for months from companies trying to get me to come in and listen to their spiel. In the end the dresses looked great, but not very happy with the David’s experience.

My dress and alterations were done in TX.

Re: Northshore Vendor Reviews (kinda long sorry)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards