Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Bridesmaid dress shopping

I went today to a bunch of different bridal salons to look at bridesmaid dresses. We went to Bridal Boutique, Alfred Angelo, Davids Bridal and wanted to go to D'Lei's, but they were closed.

Just wanted to quickly give a review of each place to let anyone who will be shopping for bridesmaids an idea of how each place was.

Bridal Boutique - very helpful and had dresses in a lot of different price ranges. We were on a low budget (around $150) and found plenty of dresses to try on. They were also very friendly and not pushy at all.

Alfred Angelo - Very helpful and not pushy. Only tried on a few dresses, but when we showed the girl the ones out of the book we liked, she pulled them for us so we wouldn't have to search.

David's Bridal - Had to wait a while to get anyone to help us. The girl who helped us - Kim - was very friendly and helpful. I felt they were a little more pushy since we were only looking and all of the girls weren't there to decide as well.

When we go back on Wednesday, we are most likely only going back to Bridal Boutique and Alfred Angelo. The only bad thing about Bridal Boutique is that they close at 6:00.

Hopefully this is helpful for anyone looking for dresses anytime soon!

Re: Bridesmaid dress shopping

• ceruiz9ceruiz9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Boutique when I was shopping for my dress and I wasn't very happy with them! They carry the designer of the dress I wanted to try on so I made my appointment but when I went in to try them on, they told me the only way I could try one on was if I ordered it. I thought that was ridiculous! Why would I purchase a dress before trying it on?! So I got my dress from Debbie's Bridal in Gonzales. Sheh was very helpful and not pushy! My bmaids didn't purchase their dresses from Debbie's but they have a big selection to choose from.

My bmaids purchased their dress from Alfred Angelo. One of the consultants that was assigned to us was not very helpful with one of my bmaids. My bmaid had to go in a day early to get fitted since she had to work the day of the fitting and the consultant (her name was AJ) had her try on a dress and didn't even measure her. When I went the next day with the rest of the bmaids, a different consultant helped us and was very nice, helpful and made sure that the girls were in the right size.

Good luck with your search!
  • supernaesupernae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I went to a bridal show at the river center, I felt like David's Bridal was sort of pushy. It's like they expect to be the end-all for the dress for you AND and bmaids. I really want to check out some boutiques in New Orleans. I hear they're fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards