Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Wedding Planner

Is it possible to plan a wedding without using a wedding planner without going absolutely crazy?  My fiance' and I didn't budget for one, but he lives in central Arkansas, I live in South Louisiana, and we're getting married in North Louisiana.  How does a wedding planner even work? 

Re: Wedding Planner

• edited December 2011
    We hired a wedding Planner (Brittiny Mays with Amour Tujour Events) and I know she travels. So, you may want to look into someone who is willing to travel if you are wanting a wedding planner. A wedding planer is there kind of like a supervisor on a job. They make sure everything goes right on your special day leaving you no worries while you are trying to look and feel your best. They do things like make sure all your candles are lit that are supposed to be or when a vendor has a question they are there to answer it or to quickly get an answer to it. Having a wedding planner gives you peace of mind that your wedding will be as perfect as you have always dreamed of it being. When I first started planning my wedding my mom was like 'you dont need anyone. you have me.' Looking back, I am SOOO glad I hired Brittiny Mays! My wedding is not until October but already I have gotten my moneys worth with her! She has helped me save money by reccommending great vendors who have great prices and excellent personalities! I have gotten MANY ideas from her for my reception as well as my ceremony. Think about it... a wedding planner has been to more weddings than you can ever imagine! They have seen things we would never dream of! They have so many ideas and tips that you can incorporate into your own wedding like I have. Trust me, it's SO worth it!
    Here is Brittiny's website if you are interested...
    http://www.amourtoujoursevents.webs.com/

Also, check out this blog!!!
    http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/01/03/love-at-the-ranch-why-i-say-yes-to-docs/#more-124305
  • edited December 2011
    I know of a company out of Natchez, MS (which is less than 100 mi from Baton Rouge) that does AMAZING work.  They did a relative's wedding and I kid you not, it looked like a Platinum Wedding!  I'm not sure what your budget is or how expensive they are but according to my cousin, they were worth every single dime.  She said they are "complete" planners, which means they took care of every detail from finding her a venue to booking entertainment to helping with her color scheme...everything.  I know having them took a whole lot of stress off of her and maybe they can do that for you as well.  Their blog is asimplychicevent.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards