Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Wedding Night Stay HELP!

Anyone have a suggestion for wedding night stay? We have a Carribean cruise booked but it does not leave for two weeks after the wedding so we want to stay somewhere special (but not too expensive). Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Wedding Night Stay HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard the Raddisson has nice suites. Who'd have guessed?

Also, FI and I have checked out the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn (both on Seigen) and those have some VERY nice whirlpool suites.

DO NOT bother with Calloway Inn. We were going to check that out because when you look up "honeymoon suite Baton Rouge" it's the only place that pops up. Well, it's super-ghetto and has a night club attached to one side. So..... save yourself the trip. We didn't even get out of the car for fear of getting shot.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    St. Francisville is really pretty. I love Desert Plantation, Rosemound Gardens, and the Lodges at the Bluffs (of course these are all places I considered for our wedding in December lmao!!!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Knottaway plantation, it is a little on the pricy side, but I feel it's worth it for the honeymoon night atleast.  Are you doing a money dance?  I know this may sound a bit tacky but a lot of brides count on that money to add some upgrades on their honeymoons....
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I know exactly what you mean about the Calloway place. It deffinately pops up everywhere when you search it but I used to work off Sherwood and when driving by it, I totally would never think of spending a night there! 

The places with whirlpool suites sound awesome and right up our alley for what we are looking for. Thanks for the suggestions.

As far as the money dance, we are doing it but have other intentions for the money. I have a lot of health problems and once we marry and my health insurance switches over to my FIs, my preexisting conditions will not be covered for 12 months. We intend to place whatever money we get into an account to pay for the medicines that keep me alive until the insurance picks up the coverage. I have learned that our healthcare is NOT as good as I once believed it to be!!! (VERY depressing!)Cry
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a very sobering thing to do with what the rest of us think of as fun-money. I'm so sorry you have health problems, and I hope everything works out so that you can use at least some of your money-dance dollars to do something fun with your future husband once your condition is covered.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the Sheraton downtown, but I know that Staybridge Suites on Nicholson is nice, and they're a new hotel so the prices are really good!  They have a giant suite that you can book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I went to look at the Radisson. Their big jacuzzi suite is $229/night and it is VERY NICE. We're staying there, FI has decided. Some of the regular guest rooms aren't any big deal, but that suite is awesome. They also have a smaller jacuzzi suite for (I think) $189/night. Check it out!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll check out the one on Nicholson. Also, Jeana, please let us know how your experience at the Radisson is! It sounds AMAZING! I want our first night to be wonderful and im sure whatever we do and wherever we go it will be because its the first night ever as a married couple!!! (I can't wait!!!) But, we do have our cruise booked two weeks after the wedding and we will also have that to look forward to. Even if we have to just get a regular  suite and have someone go sprinkle rose petals and decorate with candles and whatnot we will make it memorable one way or another!!!
  • Options
    AbbyDanielleAbbyDanielle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest the Hilton downtown. It's fantastic! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards