Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

florist

Hi ladies I'm inquiring about a reasonable florist..do you know any?

Re: florist

• Options
    I'm using Meade Wenzel who has been very reasonable in terms of pricing.  Some people might be turned off by her low-tech operations, but she does beautiful work.  I have seen Christina O'Malley's name throw around on here a lot too.  From what I understand, she also has very reasonable prices.
  • Options
    My photographer just told me that Meade did flowers for a wedding that was shot for Martha Stewart weddings last week!  I'm so excited to be using her and can't wait to see her florals.  Her prices are very reasonable, but she is not for every bride.  She does not email, and everything has to be done by phone or in person.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_florist-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:0a813e2f-76ca-4c21-a390-228bb4a132f0Post:f67cdfa0-01ed-43af-b1dc-9877f52246f5">Re: florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My photographer just told me that Meade did flowers for a wedding that was shot for Martha Stewart weddings last week!</strong>  I'm so excited to be using her and can't wait to see her florals.  Her prices are very reasonable, but she is not for every bride.  She does not email, and everything has to be done by phone or in person.
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]

Shut up!  I'll have to look out for the magazine to see them!  Awesome!
  • Options
    I am using Christina O'Malley.  She primarily communicates via email, which is a major plus for me, but may not be your thing since you are local.  She is very reasonable and I have only read great reviews about her work.  I have very much enjoyed working with her so far. 

christinaomalley@cox.net
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    The three names that seem to always come up are Christina O'Malley, Erin Steen, and Meade Wenzel. Meade Wenzel was not an option for me because I won't work with someone who doesn't use e-mail. 

I'm using Christina O'Malley. I have been very happy with her so far. I love that she communicates primarily by e-mail, because that is my preferred method. As an OOT bride who is also working full time, I don't have time to have long phone conversations during business hours and I can't really meet up in person. So, e-mail is crucial. I also like that it leaves very little room for misunderstandings as everything is plainly communicated in writing.

I was very impressed with the proposal Christina sent me. She really understands what it is that I want (and don't want), and her prices were wonderful. I can't wait to see the flowers on my wedding day :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I decided to do my own flowers (I'm not doing anything too complicated), but I had a great meeting with Nola Flora and loved their proposal. I've seen some gorgeous weddings that they've done, and they seemed really easy to work with, totally willing to help me make my vision happen. Good luck!
  • Options
    I used Christina O'Malley for my March 3rd wedding and she was fantastic. Great prices and gave me exactly what I was looking for. If you would like to see pics, there are a few on my photogs blog. http://darkroux.com/?p3992 We had purple, green, cream.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards