Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Weather for January Wedding

Hi everyone!
We are getting married January 16, 2011 in NOLA.  Yay!  We are in the process of finding venues for our intimate wedding (30-40 guests).  The idea of a courtyard wedding is very enticing but I'm concerned about the weather.  I'm currently in NY so I know the weather in NOLA will be better than here.  I also went to grad school in NOLA and what I remember of the January weather is kind of grey, chilly, and rainy.  Should I just abort the idea of an outdoor wedding and find a nice place indoors?

Thanks!
BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
My blog My chart

Re: Weather for January Wedding

• Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Louis hotel has a courtyard with a cover for the rain if needed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Herrmann Grima house has a courtyard which can be covered with a tent.

Also Latrobe's a gorgeous venue with loads of character - they have an indoor covered courtyard.  I am not sure whether the space would be too big for you - I think it depends how much time you will spend there - you could be creative with the different areas. 
  • Options
    TurWalkTurWalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Broussards has a courtyard that can be covered.  I think though that you must pay an additional fee for tenting.
  • Options
    dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $1800 for the tent at Broussards!!
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards