Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Help DJ or Band?

Hey ladies!  I need some help i need to know if you used a DJ who did you use and an average price range of DJ's and bands?  I am trying to figure out which one to go with and if it its worth the ectra money??  I need help!!! Cna you please let me know what DJ or band you used ?! 

Re: Help DJ or Band?

• Options
    I used the band Bottom's Up and they were $2500- worth every penny!

http://www.bottomsuprocks.net
  • Options
    We hadRebirth play our second line and cocktail hour then had a DJ but we supplied the playlists. We Used New Orleans Top DJ.
  • Options
    It depends how much you want to spend. A band is alot more expensive. Music wasnt a high priority for me, so I didnt want the price of a band. 

I decided to go with a DJ. I went with David Storm with Omega Entertainment (they have lots of great reviews on there) They were also very reasonably priced at $500
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We decided to do both.  We have a band for the first hour of the reception (traditional NO band- New Birth Brass Band) and a DJ for the remaining 3 hours.  We wanted our guests to get to experience the NO type music, but still have the traditional "wedding" music a DJ usually provides.  The band is charging us about $500 for that hour, and the DJ $800 for the 4 hours (he is charging for the entire 4 hour reception since he has to be there the entire time), so about $1300 for all of the music at the reception. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh- I am using Quinn Landry of Impulse Entertainment for the DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used a DJ so we could second line out with a live brass band. We paid $250. He did a great job. My guests danced ALL NIGHT LONG. Like...they wouldn't even wait until afer dinner!! adj4u520481274@aol.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards