Louisiana-New Orleans

Please suggest a unique budget friendly venue!

I already have 5 appts booked to view some locations.  Those are the St. Louis Hotel, Maison Dupuy, Latrobe's, Broussards and Princess of Monaco. 

I would love to hear some other suggestions in other parts of NOLA, I'm even open to the Northshore.  What I want is something intimate and romantic.  An outdoor ceremony space would be optimal.  Please please please give me some more options!!

Re: Please suggest a unique budget friendly venue!

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Rosy's Jazz Hall. They have a website.
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Benachi House & Gardens. It's an amazing space, but you have to bring your own everything, no package deals here. Big discount for Friday or Sunday weddings :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Wax Museum.  It's awesome. 
  • meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Natchez Steamboat if you want it intiimate (75-80 people or less)
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • edited December 2011
    I second both Rosie's Jazz Hall and Wax Museum. Both are unique, intimate, romantic.  You may also check out Cedar Grove Tchopitoulis Plantation.  It's on the Westbank in Waggaman but it's worth the trip.  I've had two friends get married there this year. Very Nice!!
  • amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Maison Dupuy last month and I had the most beautiful wedding.  Christie Anderson is an absolute gem and really makes the wedding planning very easy.  All of my guests said the food was the best "wedding" food they ever had.  I highly recommed the Maison Dupuy.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Rosy's as well and it is so beautiful and uniqure, I cannot wait.
  • NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Race and religious - it's new, but also really pretty with a wonderful outdoor area!
  • edited December 2011
    I think we have settled on the pharmacy museum, if anyone would like some info message me!
  • edited December 2011
    Abita Quail Farm, Northshore
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_please-suggest-unique-budget-friendly-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:0f2808df-6367-4018-9b15-19e8cb09a0a8Post:d1a4f394-062b-4cb7-86f4-12a6c94f6dbf">Re: Please suggest a unique budget friendly venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we have settled on the pharmacy museum, if anyone would like some info message me!
    Posted by ur+my+sunshine[/QUOTE]

Messaged you!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • ryansbaby4206ryansbaby4206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Crystal Plantation, I highly recommend it! Its in Kenner and only 4,500 for 100 guests and includes: open bar, food, cake, flutes, a go away "big plate" of food for bride and groom and the parents, dj, lighting, already decorated, includes ceremony also, police.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards