Ohio-Columbus

Vendor Reviews from our 11/11/12 Wedding

Wedding Photographer- A

Noah Joy Photography

John was a pleasure to work with, and his work is really really great. It’s a lot of the reason why we picked him.  He went above and beyond when it came to all of our pictures. From being completely flexible when we came into town to take engagement pics at the Shoe (we had to reschedule for the DAY we were flying back to Florida), to doing a second shoot the next time we came into town so that we had more than one location. The only bad thing I have to say is that the day of the wedding, I wish we had gotten more portraits with family. We took pictures with my niece and nephew, and all family that involved them, but that’s it. Once our portraits were done with the bridal party, we had to mention that we needed pictures with the groom’s family.  But that’s the only complaint I have. Our photos turned out great, and the only thing we are waiting on at this point is the professional album.

DJ and Photobooth: A++

Buckeye Entertainment

Byron and his crew were absolutely fabulous to work with! There was an instant click with us and him during our first meeting and we knew that he was our guy! The day of the wedding, he was fabulous, got people dancing (which was a feat since we didn’t really have many dancing guests at our wedding). He even had his assistant sing “Happy Birthday” to the groom’s cousin!  And to top it all off, Byron has the BEST prices for his services, and it was a great deal getting him as a DJ as well as having a photobooth for our guests to enjoy!

Cake and Groom’s Cake :  A-

Enticing Icing

Cindy was a pleasure to work with. Her cake is incredible, and she did a great job designing our wedding cake and our groom’s cake. The reason she is getting the “minus” here is because the flavor of our groom’s cake was completely incorrect.  We asked for Snickerdoodle and got chocolate.  She has “corrected” the mistake and compensated us for it, and we are happy to say we will work with her again whenever we need cake.

Venue:  A

Hilton Polaris

Our situation with the venue was a bit unique, as we had a relative that worked at the hotel.  I think this played into the early part of planning for us.  We were planning from long distance, and while planning  a wedding is stressful to being with, it made it worse because of the lack of communication.  But, I had a talk with the catering manager, and everything was better.  He was a huge help and our wedding ceremony and reception were exactly what we wanted. The food was incredible and all of the guests raved about it, and the service from the staff was great.

Alumni Band: A+

The band was a great hit! They played for about 25 minutes, got the entire wedding reception involved, and were great! Mel, my contact was great and easy to work with and everything about this was great!

Officiant:  A

Damian King

Damian was great to work with! Very outgoing and full of energy.  He did great during our ceremony and everyone loved him! He was a bit pricey, but worth it.

Videographer:  TBD

Jonah Epps

We haven’t gotten our video yet from Jonah, so we don’t know quite have a review ready. He was great to work with and we hardly knew they were there the entire day, so that’s a big plus. He also had reasonable prices, which is another plus.

Wedding Planner: No Review.

A Wedding By Sylvia

Unfortunately, I can not give a review for my experience with my wedding coordinator.  I will tell you that we were not happy with the services that were provided. We brought these things to her attention, and she denied everything that we told her we were unhappy about, and ultimately she threatened me if I gave a bad review. With that being said, if you have booked with her or are planning to book with her, feel free to message me and I will give you a brief explanation of what happened that we were not happy with.

Misc. Things:

I designed all of the décor, and made all of our paper items, so I do not have a review for that stuff, unless y’all want me to tell you that I think I am awesome, LOL!

Re: Vendor Reviews from our 11/11/12 Wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards