Ohio-Columbus

Where can I get something like this?

I am trying to go for a more romantic feel for my wedding reception... I simply LOVE this photo, and I am trying to find a lace table cloth like this one. It seems to be hard to find lace! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where can I get something like this?

• edited December 2011
    I've found a lot of my more unique items from etsy.com. You can shop around all the shops to find the best price and most of them are made to order
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know where to look for that... and agree you could probably find it on etsy! I also just wanted to add that I think that will be GORGEOUS! I just got married and went for a romantic feel as well and I loved it. The lace will look beautiful! good luck
  • Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The cheapest way would be to buy the fabric from JoAnn Fabrics and have someone you know who can sew hem the edges.

I think save-on-crafts.com may sell something like that (I bought my table runners from there, they're inexpensive).

Or, anyone who does linen rentals / sales should be able to provide lace overlays. Connie Duglin linens I know has them, or you can look at a thread regarding linen rental / buying that was already posted today.
  • edited December 2011
    I would start checking out antique shops and consignment shops. If you want lace but they don't need to match. My mom just bought a vintage lace table cloth at a consignment shop in Grandview for $3. She uses it on her dining room table. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think if you want something bright white/new looking you'll have to go to a hobby store. If you sew a hem down the middle and hide it with a table runner, it would make it wide enough as well as hide the seam.

If you're going for a more vintage feel, shopping vintage stores sounds like a good idea but could take a lot of hunting to find ones that go together and are in good shape.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards