Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

SECOND LINE HELP

Hi ladies!!! Does anyone know of second line bands? I am getting married at St louis cathedral and reception at bourbon Orleans!!! I need to find a band and don't know where to look. I don't want one that is extremely expensive as my parents are already spending a fortune on everything else!!???

Re: SECOND LINE HELP

• Options
    becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Algiers Brass Band and booked them through White Oak Productions. We got them for $720 b/c it's a Friday night but they were originally $800.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have booked Dr. Jazz.  I think they are $500.  And, they have been great to work with so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi. We used Algiers Brass Band also. They were fantastic and everyone loved it. They even traveled to another city for us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The least expensive I found was Red Hot Brass Band.  We ended up not going with them...they're made up of high school students and I was reluctant to use them.  However, they did come with good recommendations.  We booked Storyville Stompers just because I felt more secure with a known name.  They were 750.  Others in that price point were the Jaywalkers, and New Orleans Spice (they actually had a range depending on the number of players). I actually did a good amount of research on this and I'm happy to pass along the emails.  Email me at Lori.A.Daigle@gmail.com. Don't forget to factor in the parade permits and police officers.  The permit is $50 and some change plus $100 per officer. We're having about 250 people and we have 2 officers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards