Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

june wedding in new orleans?

Hey! We were trying to have our wedding in New Orleans in April or May and are having trouble finding dates that work/ aren't taken. How does everyone feel about June weddings in New Orleans? Too hot?I've lived there most of my life but I don't think I've ever been to one in June ?(we are picturing something outside at night)Thanks!

Re: june wedding in new orleans?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pretty warm for outdoors-it's the 2nd warmest month and the rainiest. Just somethings to consider. Check out http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/weddings/setthedate/month/average/USLA0338
  • Options
    meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married May 30 and I had the same issues we wanted March or April and it just did not work. We had an outside reception at Broussard's. It was nice and the weaher was pleasant (i was very hot, buut I had a very large gown on). That being said we stayed in New Orleans for a week after our reception and bam June 1 hit and it was hot as you know what. It was very stressful to me b/c I knew that it was going to be so hot and we lucked out. I would just be careful. Also a friend of mine got married mid June in NOLA years back and all I can remember was sweating and it was in a church and an inside reception. Good luck but bottom line is do what you want your guests will make the best of it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the suggestions! i love the weather.com wedding day weather tool!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too was trying to have a March wedding, but due to others planning theirs the day before ours we pushed it back. We are now planning to be married June 6, 2010, but it will all be indoors. There are some nice places that offer out/indoors for your wedding. The Champagne Palace has an outdoors that is very pretty at night.Good luck
  • Options
    AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on June 5, 2010, and I'm not overly concerned, but everything is inside. If you're from here, then I'm assuming that most of your family/ guests are from here, and so they should all be used to the weather. BUT if it's definitely going to be outside, you should have tents w/ AC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards