Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Bridesmaid Luncheon

Hey there- my fiancee's aunts have offered to throw my bridesmaid luncheon the day before the wedding.  What are some places that are nice and walkable within the Quarter, but not super expensive? I just could not ask them to spend a ton of money on this, as they are already traveling there for the wedding.  I only have 4 attendants...my other question is: Other than my mother, future mother in law, myself, and bridesmaids- who else is traditionally invited to the luncheon?  Thanks!!!

Re: Bridesmaid Luncheon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I should add here- our Rehearsal dinner is at NOLA and our Reception is at Muriels!!  Thanks!
  • Options
    themegtthemegt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tujague's can do a very reasonably priced luncheon.  Herbsaint is delicious, but more pricey and a further walk.  I have also heard great things about Bacco's prices for luncheons. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Tujaques as a great place. Baccoss was great for the last event we had. For one of my friend's rehersal dinners, we went to the Gumbo house. It was great, and everyone had a great time because it was laid back. As for the ladies luncheon, I would have the bridal party, any readers or other wedding attendants, the mothers, sisters, and any close family members of you and your Fi. PS your reception will be fantastic, Muriels is amazing!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Court of Two Sisters has a jazz brunch that would be great (it might be pricier though). As the pp mentioned, the Gumbo Shop is really good and casual. Not sure if they have a private room, but Red Fish Grill on Bourbon is really good - I ate there last week. It's a Brennans restaurant but very reasonable and delicious. Also, as others have mentioned, Tujague's might be a good option. We had our welcome party there last week (only drinks so I don't know about the food) and they were wonderful to work with - very accommodating and easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards