Louisiana-New Orleans

Rev Zimmer

Hey y'all- finally broke down and set a timeline for the wedding (a little earlier than I wanted, a 4pm ceremony at Jackson Square, second line around the block to Muriels for a 4 hour reception from 5-9- we can always after party, right?), which will allow us plenty of sunlight for my FI and I to get our pics in.  Sun was a concern, since its before Daylight Savings Time.  Thanks for all of your help talking me off of the ledge on that one!Because I finally committed to a timeline, I booked Rev. Zimmer today.  He was very laid back, and I was warned by this board that he would be- did he come to any of your rehearsals??  He said he didn't usually, but yikes!!  I know some of you have used him before - can you fill me in?  Thanks!!

Re: Rev Zimmer

• lous22lous22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using him too.  He is not coming to our rehearsal, but we met with him about a month ago to go over everything.  We're getting married at Le Pavillon Hotel, and they provide a coordinator who will take us through the steps durng the rehearsal, so I'm not too concerned. But just talk to him about it- I'm sure if you really wanted him to come he would.  And like I said, you can meet with him beforehand.  We sat with him in Borders on vets for about an hour and talked about all the details.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!  We are coming in town for our engagement pics in December- sounds like a perfect time to meet up with him.
  • lfenascilfenasci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He did our wedding, he was fabulous!!  We never met prior nor did he do our rehearsal, but we talked on the phone twice, once about 8 months before the wedding, he asked little questions like how we met, what we did for a living, where we went to school, etc. etc.  Well, he must have taken great notes.  We talked briefly right before the wedding then during the ceremony he brought up little tid bits like how we met at a chee weez concert, I was very very impressed.  We did not mic him, his voice was well projected, he was funny, and kept it short and sweet, we were soooo happy with him!
  • edited December 2011
    Pretty much ditto to everything lfenasci said.  He did an awesome job and we were very pleased with him officiating our non-religious ceremony.  And for only speaking with us twice over the phone and meeting us that day, he made the ceremony very personal and sounded like he knew us very well.
  • kbh2bekbh2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp.  We had an issue with our original officiant, and had to book Rev. Zimmer 1 week before the wedding.  He didn't attend the rehearsal (there really is no need for him to do so) and everything turned out fine.  He is such a nice, laid back man! 
  • edited December 2011
    I wasnt terribly happy with him, i had mailed him certain parts of the ceremony I had wanted included and was disappointed when he pulled out the sheets of paper at hte ceremony all folded up (like something out of middle school). Also wasnt happy when 6 months after the wedding i was contacted by a co worker of his who happened to be a life insurance agent.  He gave this woman my cell phone number without asking me beforehand which i felt was very unprofessional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards