Louisiana-New Orleans

Hair Salons

Hi Ladies,

First off I want to say thank you to all the wonderful brides on this site! I am an OOT Bride and I really could not have planned my wedding with out the recommendations from all of you!

I am looking for a place to get my hair done for the wedding day. I live in NYC so I'm a little picky when it comes to hair and want something natural. I am open to going to a salon and/or having them come to the hotel as well.

Thanks so much!!

Re: Hair Salons

• edited December 2011
    I would check out Steven Sobel Salon, its uptown so it might be a bit far from your hotel. But he is fabulous, he has done my hair for years and I am using him for my wedding.
  • themegtthemegt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A woman was recommended to me from The Ritz Carlton in the FQ.  She will come to your hotel or you can go to her.  She does makeup too.  Her name is Beryl Mahl and below is her e-mail. 
    bemahl@cox.net
  • ladynred19ladynred19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Salon M on Canal Street is who I am using.  I am also an OOT bride.  I just had my hair and makeup trial with Alicia (hair stylist) and Kelly LeBlanc (makeup artist) and was very very pleased!  I had a great experience and they are so very nice.  Kelly is a perfectionist and she took her time and did not rush at all.  I was there from 9AM to 12:45PM.  Had a great experience!  You can find her at neworleansbridalmakeup.com and salonmno.com
  • edited December 2011
    New Orleans Event Design can reccomend people for you.  Nolaeventdesign@yahoo.com
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if you've already decided on someone for your hair, but the gals who did hair and makeup for my wedding in November were fabuous and have branched off on their own.  We all looked STUNNING, hair and airbrushed makeup for about $100 each and they came to our hotel in the French Quarter.  It was all very natural and my hippie bridesmaids protested at first, but everyone was thrilled with the results.  Call Danielle from Kiss and Makeup (504)417-6808, BeautyServices@gmail.com.  I think you wil be happy...she has been doing beauty for weddings with a well known local wedding planning service for the last 4 years and was always her most requested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards