Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Preservation Hall help

Hello. Please please bear with me--I'm new. If there's already seven thousand threads about this, let me know.

I am really interested in Preservation Hall for the (informal) ceremony and reception for my wedding, but I canNOT get them to respond to emails or calls.

Can someone please tell me:
--how much it costs, roughly?
--about your experience there
--anything else I should know?

Thanks you!

Re: Preservation Hall help

• Options
    FWIW I have never seen anything on this board about using Preservation Hall for any event or as ceremony space. I have tried calling them in the past for info on a particular band and never got any response. I did happen across 2 owners or managers one afternoon when we were walking by. Have you tried calling in the evening when they are open? Or stopping by? Not much help. Sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was just in New Orleans this past weekend for my venue visits and Preservation Hall is in my top 2. Debbie Guidy is the person that you will need to contact and she can be reached by phone at 504-338-5892 (cell) or email debbie@preservationhall.com. She is probably easier to get ahold of on the phone.

Here's the information that she provided me about the venue:
    Venue capacity is 125. However, the music hall cannot seat 100. You'd have the ceremony in the music hall, I 'd say seating for maybe 50ish with standing room and then guests move into the courtyard for cocktails and they change over the hall for dancing and some cocktail tables.

Packages are based on the time of the event.  An afternoon wedding, ending by 7:00pm, gives you a three hour exclusive hold on the carriageway, courtyard and music hall inclusive of performance by a six piece Preservation Hall band starts at $4,950.plus 9% tax.
    If your wedding is held during the evening, a 3 hour hold, from 6pm-12am, the buy out rate is $8,000. plus 9% tax.
    The band can perform all the music (ceremony, reception and will even head up your second line). With a buyout Debbie includes the permit price in the cost of the space, if you are doing a daytime you are required to pay for the permit for the second line.

You have to get the bar through them and you have 2 package options:
    Premium Bar service includes:
    Jack Daniels, Chivas Regal, Tanqueray Gin, Absolut Vodka & Bacardi Rum.
    Imported & domestic light & regular beers, House Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. 
    This bar includes tonic water, club soda, bottled water, orange juice, cranberry juice, diet and regular Coca-Cola and Sprite. 
    One professional bartender for every 50 guests, bar equipment, ice, 10 oz. acrylic cups, paper cocktail napkins and bar fruit.  
    Rate - $13 per person/ per hour plus 20% gratuity and 9% tax.

Wine and Beer service includes:
    Imported & domestic light & regular beers, House Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon
    This bar includes bottled water, diet and regular Coca-Cola and Sprite.
    One professional bartender for every 50 guests, bar equipment, ice, 10 oz. acrylic cups, and paper cocktail napkins.
    Rate - $10 per person/ per hour plus 20% gratuity and 9% tax.

Note: Glass stemware is available upon request for an additional charge of $35 per 100 glasses.

Catering is provided by one of their preferred vendors, Palate New Orleans, Food Art, Inc, Pigeon's Catering.

They require a signed agreement and 50% deposit due at signing.  The balance of the agreement is due 24 hours prior to event.

Sorry for the long post but I figured if there isn't a lot of info out there this would put in on the board for everyone. The venue is awesome. I'm not sure if it will end up being in my budget but I definitely recommend it to anyone expecting 50 - 100 guests. Debbie was extremely friendly and I would be completely comfortable entrusting my wedding to her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards