Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Hotel Room Blocking suggestions

Hey Ladies!! Hope everyone is doing great! I need some guidance. I have a total of 35 folks invited to NOLA for the wedding. They are all OOT. How would you ladies recommend the hotel blocking? We just booked our room at The Place de Armes. And they offered to block out ten interior rooms no windows for less than a 100 a night for Wed Thurs but the rate goes up past 300 on Friday night. But they also offer upgraded suited as well window with no view /window with view of courtyardThey would help block rooms at The Prince Conti Hotel as well. I'm getting married on Thursday. So my question is HOW many rooms should I block out? Should I block out the rooms for all three nights?wed/ thur/fri or for just wed/ thur and leave it up to guests to book their Friday night wherever they choose to? And how do break up the rooms in the hotel at different price points?

Any recommendations you ladies have would be helpful. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel Room Blocking suggestions

• Options
    I have one of my blocks at hte Place D'Armes, and that doesn't sound quite right...not sure when you're getting married (if it's prime season) but near $300 is very expensive for that hotel; it is usually very affordable.  Also I am surprised of rate increase; I am getting married on a Friday, and blocked Thursday and Friday night, but was told if any guest wanted to add Wednesday or Saturday they can call and get the same rate.  I would double check with them on the prices...perhaps a typo?  That said, I'd block out Wednesday and Thursday and see if the hotel will allow them to add on Friday if they so wish.
  • Options
    Most hotels will extend the rate as a courtesy for your guests.  I would probably fill out the form on the New Orleans Convention and Visitor's Bureau and pick another hotel that can accommodate your needs.
  • Options
    Yes, that does sound expensive for place d'armes. I would compare any rate they give you to the expedia/priceline/hotwire/orbitz rate and bring it up to them and see if they will match it. I would do a room block with most rooms blocked the night of the reheasal dinner and the wedding night and then maybe do only a few rooms on the day before and may a few the day after.
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    October is a busy, busy month, so the weekend rate is not all that surprising. It was parents weekend and a home saints game for us and hotel prices were insane.

The Prince Conti is usually one of the most reasonable deals in the quarter. Also the Best Western French Quarter had really amazing rates when we blocked rooms, they had just renovated.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    yep getting married in Oct! There's a Saints game, a blues/BBQ festival, and a convention that is going on that weekend!! But I will double check that Friday night rate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As someone who used to work in the hotel industry, those are pretty typical rates for NOLA in October. Conventions and events start to pick up, so expect to pay a little more.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Which weekend in October?  We're getting married in October also and had a very hard time as there is a huge convention in town, so the number of available hotels is limited and they can raise their rates due to the supply/demand issue
  • Options
    I feel your pain! We had to go through each weekend of every month to see what was happening iin New Orleans before booking our wedding date! We booked our block at Hilton Riverside. $159/night, and they are very easy to work with, and helpful! Also, they do not charge for welcome bags that are given out all bell stand, which is a huge help! They also do not charge a fee if rooms are not used.
  • Options
    Also, our wedding is on Sat, but we figure some will come in Thurs evening, so we blocked 10 rooms for thurs/fr/sat/ and 20 for fri/sat. Since we arent charged fees for rooms not booked, it doesn't really hurt.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok girls here the update. We ended up blocking 21 rooms with different price points at the Place de Armes. The group rate starts at 95/night for an interior room for wed/thurs nites. Since we're getting married on a thursday we left the 3rd night an option for guests so they could decide when they wanted the 3rd night be it tuesday night or Friday night. Thanks ladies for all your suggestions! :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards