Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Natchez packages

Hi
We are curious if anyone here has held their ceremony/reception on the Natchez Steamboat in New Orleans?
We're looking for some critiques. We have a low budget for our wedding, and although that's the case, we still want to make sure we get good quality service for our day.

Has anyone had a bad experience with them? If so, what happened? Did they work to resolve the issue to your satisfaction?

Did anyone have an incredible experience? If so, can you tell me what impressed you, and if there is anything you would have done differently even though the experience was great?

Thanks for your help!!

Kristin and Peter!

Re: Natchez packages

• Options
    MeganB has posted about the Natchez multiple times.  You might want to board search or send her a PM directly.
  • Options
    in 2010 a bride, TiffanyLael, posted a warning becasue her wedding was cancelled by them because she had originally reserved a small room on the natchez, but when a larger group came in and wanted to charter the entire boat, yielding the natchez more profit, they bumped her off the ship entirely. I would just keep doing research and ask them how can you be sure that this won't happen to you.
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    We looked at them, but heard the food was bad.  I also had a friend whose prom was on a boat, and he said it was bad because once you're on, you're stuck until they dock again. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_natchez-packages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:2118f141-6ae4-462d-b9e8-35d210fbfadfPost:c3273562-2651-4c68-91cb-7e42fad11e2a">Re: Natchez packages</a>:
    [QUOTE]in 2010 a bride, TiffanyLael, posted a warning becasue her wedding was cancelled by them because she had originally reserved a small room on the natchez, but when a larger group came in and wanted to charter the entire boat, yielding the natchez more profit, they bumped her off the ship entirely. I would just keep doing research and ask them how can you be sure that this won't happen to you.
    Posted by alarche[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ohhhh I remember that and it sounded like it sure sucked. There is that one poster that always raves about them, and I've always been kind of wary of that.

</div>
  • Options

Remember you also have to worry about your guests who get sea sick.

If your in need of a photographer check out Tabby's Shots www.tabbysshots.com
    she can also give you the names of people you need to see since your on a budget.

• Options
    kwanner, ygpm
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards