Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

25 days to go - I'm a nervous wreck with questions!

There are only 25 days until my wedding... EEK!

Can anyone shed some light for me on who I need to have tips ready for on the big day?  The only people I can think of are: my hair/makeup girls, the limo driver, and my officiant.  Also, about how much should I tip each of these people?

Thank you for ANY help you can give me : )
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 25 days to go - I'm a nervous wreck with questions!

• Options
    We tipped hair and makeup, all musicians, and the DJ. We didn't have a limo and gratuity was included for catering.
  • Options
    I'm only tipping the limo drivers.  My thought process is that the hair & makeup, band, etc charge you for a service.  Why would you tip on top of that?  Plus, we're providing the band with food....

• Options
    PS -- I realize now that we have the same wedding date and I was totally fine until I also realized that it was 25 days away.  Eeekk!
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Southern Oaks, so the DJ is already included in the whole package.  I'm going to contact them and see if people usually tip anyone over there for their services.  I do plan on tipping the hair/makeup girls... on the contract I signed it says: *Gratuity for stylists is not included and is appreciated

I copy and pasted that from the contract.

Gratuity was already included in our limo price, but the guy I spoke to on the phone said that most people give an additional $10-$20 to the driver on the day of.

Any ideas on how much to give an officiant?  We are being married by a judge who is a friend, so she isn't charging us.

25 days sounds so much scarrier than 3 weeks and 4 days!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our officiant was about $250.  I would think that $100 to $200 is acceptable, plus invitation to the rehearsal dinner/reception.

I'm glad you pointed that our on your hair/makeup contract.  I'm going to inspect my contracts a bit closer.
  • Options
    I'm only tipping the two bands (second line and reception for first hour).  DJ owns his own business and I will consider sending something after the fact if he does an outstanding job.  Gratuity is included in my limos and transportation.  Hair and makeup artists own their own businesses and are charging to come to hotel.  Our officiant is our priest from home, so of course we are paying for all of his travel and hotel expenses, but on top of that I am giving him $200.  I'm not planning on tipping anyone else.  Like silverspark, my attitude is I am paying good money for their service already.  I think giving good reviews here is probably more appreciated than the $20-40 I could afford to give as a tip anyways. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We tipped:

DJ: $20 (only played for cocktail hour)
    Band (Rebirth): $200
    Onsite Coordinator (April at City Park): $50
    Photographer (b/c she was amazing):  $50
    Videographers (b/c they were amazing):  $50
    Transportation (buses back down to the FQ): $25 per driver - 4 total

We did not tip the officiant b/c I read that it can be considered rude, and plus his fee was already pricey at $250.  We did not tip make-up/hair b/c it was their gift to us (they are friends). 

The people we tipped we did so b/c they did AMAZING jobs and they really helped make the day perfect.  What I was told to do was to prepare envelopes ahead of time, give to the best man, and if the vendor/person went above and beyond, then give them the envelope. 
  • Options
    I tipped the limo drivers, the hair and makeup people and $20 to each guy in the second line. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!  I THINK I have everything straight now, LOL!  I'm just such a bundle of nerves!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry ladies , but I do not see the sense in tipping for all of these over priced services that we are paying for. Is the $500 -$1000, not enough for the second line band? Is the $300 -$600 , not enough for the limo service that we are paying to transport us 5- 10 miles. Does the wedding planner really need a bonus on top of her $1500 bucks !? lol. They should be tipping us! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards