Ohio-Columbus
Options

Band/DJ

I am desperately trying to decide Band vs. DJ   I would like to have a wide variety of music so I have been leaning towards a dj.   I am in columbus. Does anyone have a recommendation for either a GREAT DJ or a band that can play a wide range of music... Music is very important to us...  I just haven't seen anything that I love yet...

THANKS!

Re: Band/DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used CoopDog Productions. He has a lot of music and is really easy going and easy to work with. Him and his partner mostly do weddings and special events. He listened to exactly what we wanted. We gave him a must play list, and he played them all.

I would be more than happy to give you his contact info, just let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Music was really important to us too, as was music with a lot of variety but also hearing songs different than the typical wedding fare.I created an entire playlist for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. We used Jodi from Night Music and when I met with her in person she completely understood the mood and genres we wanted to have at our reception. She was open to the list and pretty much stuck to it. But she open to playing so many different songs. We played indie, funk, Italian, Persian, soul, ballads, alternative, Broadway, and just about everything in-between (except country- we don;t really do country as couple except with a few exceptions). But if you're looking for music in its original or particular version, I recommend a DJ. Jodi was a really amazing DJ and kept people tells us how amazing the music was, what a great DJ she was, and she kept the dance floor moving until the end.
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used David from Might Music, and he was excellent!  Cannot recommend enough!  I have a longer review in my married bio.  He was really great, I am sure anyone from Night Music, like PP mentioned, would be awesome.
    For what it's worth, my sister had a swing band at her wedding and I had a DJ, and my wedding had more of a "fun" atmosphere. 
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I could afford a band it would be HooDoo Soul Band. They are awesome and very eclectic (everything from Michael Jackson to Johnny Cash) They also are in the $3000 range.....ouch. I hired Columbus Pro DJs for around $650

www.ColumbusProDJs.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've heard great things about z-sharp big band and they're apparently fairly affordable.
    i'm in the minority here though. i hate djs.
  • Options
    Jaimi24Jaimi24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love the contact info for CoopDog Productions... THANKS!

Thanks for all the great recommendations Everyone!
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Grand Ave and Love, LOVED them
    www.grandavenueband.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards