Louisiana-New Orleans

Vendor Review on 03.06.10

Smilie’s – A – We had our rehearsal dinner here. We had 47 people attend. We had 3 waitresses, and they were on top of everything. Price was reasonable and everything went great.

Big Easy Limos – A- Showed up on time, very friendly, and limos were clean.

St. Agnes Catholic Church- A- It was such a great ceremony! Fr. Bac Hai was awesome. All my guest loved him. The church is beautiful and the wedding coordinator, Kelly is fabulous!

The Ridgeway/Party Planners Catering on Metairie Road– B – This is where I had my reception. It is a nice place. The food was incredible! My guests are still talking about the food. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to eat much. From the outside the place isn’t wonderful, but inside, it’s nice and clean! Staff was very friendly. Never had a food shortage and drinks keep coming! DJ came with the place, he was great. The reason for the B is because the hostess lady couldn’t find my money bag and umbrella’s, took her a little while. The Ridgeway is VERY reasonably priced!  

Pearls Place- A-This is where I got my bridal gown from. I didn’t have any problems! They are great, I would go back!

Linda Lee- C- My bridesmaids ordered they dresses here. Everything was going great until 2 of the bridesmaids got there dresses altered.  It took them FOREVER and Linda Lee always had an excuses. After me screaming and causing issues, they dresses got fixed and money returned.

Kori’s Floral- A- Kori is great! My flowers were gorgeous! Everything I wanted, I couldn’t ask for more!

Flower Girl Dresses for Less.com – A- Ordered 2 flower girls dresses online. They came in with 5 days. Dresses were very cute and looked like the exacted picture online. We saw the same dress at David’s Bridal for $89.99 and we got these for $39.99. I thought it was a steal!

S.W.A.K- A- Gwen was great! She did my mom, me, and all 7 bridesmaids makeup, everyone loved there make-up! She did such a great job!!!

Brooke @ V3 Salon- A- Brooke is my normal hair person. Plus she’s the groom’s cousin! She did a great job on everyone’s hair! We all loved our own style!

Jewelry- A- We used this lady name Antoinette, my mom and I saw her at a Bridal Show. She made all of my jewelry, plus my moms and the bridal party. She is very reasonable too! I also got my veil and head piece made from her also! If you want her information, please let me know. I have it at my house.

John’s Tuxedo- A- They are just so wonderful! I can’t complain at all! Tuxes came out great and the groomsmen looked nice!

Swiss Bakery- C- The cake was great tasting, BUT they forgot to put my fleur de lis on my cake! So my cake looked very plain! However we are getting some money back, because the owner felt really bad.

Dianne Randazzo’s – F – The groom wanted a King Cake for his groom’s cake. My mom ordered it a month before the wedding. She paid for it. I called Thursday before my wedding, the baker said everything is good and you’ll have your cake. THE CAKE DIDN’T SHOW UP! NO GROOMS CAKE! My mom called and got her money back PLUS we got a king cake as well.

Gone with the wind travel- A- We booked our honeymoon through them. Bethany and her staff was great and very knowledgeable about Sandals. I think we got a great price!

Sandal’s Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay- A- It was so fabulous! We loved it! We had so much fun! We would recommend anyone who loves the beach and wants to see beautiful water, go to Montego Bay and stay at a Sandals Resort. Every meal we ate, we loved! We can’t wait to go back!

Matthew Foster Photography- A – I’ll see my pictures tomorrow, so I’ll post them so y’all can see them! I’m figuring they are just as wonderful, as my engagements were! He’s such a great guy and a great photographer!

I forget who did them, but we had koozies as our favors. They were such a big hit! Everyone used them all night! It was great seeing men holding hot pink koozies! We just searched kozzies on goggle.

Paper Elegance – A- They did our invitations, programs, and thank you notes. We also found them online. Everything came out great!! And they were great to work with. VERY fast also.

Sorry if I forgot anything else…

Please e-mail me if you have any questions! [email protected].

Thanks for all yalls help during my wedding planning! Good Luck to everyone!

Re: Vendor Review on 03.06.10

• Han97Han97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My goodness, you really had terrible luck with your cakes.  That's absolutely terrible!
    But it sounds like you still had a wonderful wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    This is extremely helpful.  More people should do reviews like this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards