Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Chicago Bride palnning her bachelorette party for Mardi Gras!

Hello ladies.  My FI and I are planning a joint party for Mardi Gras.  We are expecting about 20 - 30 people so any help with recommendations renting a house would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, we were planning on coming Thursday - Sunday before Fat Tuesday - will that be long enough?

Re: Chicago Bride palnning her bachelorette party for Mardi Gras!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is the best weekend to go! All the best parades are that weekend.
  • Options
    cbroekstracbroekstra member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Craigslist is a good place to look for renting places for that weekend. Have fun that weekend! It will definitely be a blast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a great time to come!  Check out vrbo.com.  I have never looked at what they have in nola, but I've used it for other places and I really liked the website.  Good luck!
  • Options
    hannahc7891hannahc7891 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's plenty of time.  I usually find that, by the time Lundi Gras rolls around, I'm about done with the whole Mardi Gras thing (though I love it).  VRBO is a good tip.  The tourism board is also very helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the others, Thursday-Sunday is pretty good timing. I honestly do not like Lundi Gras (because I'm too wiped out after Bacchus on Sunday), and actual Mardi Gras day hasn't been as fun these past few years because some people just get overly excited/ drunk. Nothing wrong with that, but I prefer the community atmosphere of friends/family/food/fun on Saturday/ Sunday.

Also, Babylon is a real nice parade on Thursday night, I suggest you see it. Great throws too. Bacchus on Sunday is another must.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards