Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Audubon Tea Room question.

Is anyone having their wedding and reception at the Audubon Tea Room? My fiance' is in love with this place, but I was just wondering if someone knew a guess as to what the price would be. It will be about 125-150 people. Any information is helpful. Thanks. :)

Re: Audubon Tea Room question.

• Options
    mhassingmhassing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our reception there. They have a $10,000 food and beverage minimum plus a rental fee (between $2,500 and $5,000 depending on the season).
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we looked into it too and found it to be very pricey.  Although we recently attended a wedding at the golf clubhouse and it was very nice, I'll vouch that everything was lovely.  I'm sure the tea room is even more so.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are having our reception at the Tea Room.  & we have been to a few weddings there as welll.  Yes it is a bit pricy with the $10,000 F&B minimum but it's so worth it!  The Tea Room is beautiful w no decorations or you can dress it up with lights, linens, etc. and completely change the look.  The food is amazing & the venus is like none other in the city.  So much better than some hotel ballroom. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine there on a Saturday night in May: wedding ceremony and reception $3500 for 3 hours + $650 for any additional hour + $10K food/drink (we're having about 150 ppl so the f&d is working out to get a nicer tier reception package with a premium bar service and meet the minimum) It seems like a lot, but I looked at a number of other venues that weren't hotels (NOMA, Board of Trade, Latrobes, etc) and the prices were similar if not higher when you figure in catering and bar, tables, chairs, linens, etc. I've heard nothing but great things about weddings there, but to each their own and a wedding can be lovely anywhere!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The F&B minimum is probably a lot less on a Friday or Sunday.  I am getting married at the Clubhouse and that's the case over there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

ATR was one of my top choices. However, at other places I looked at, if you meet the food and beverage minimum, the rental fee was waived. I would absolutely book this place for my wedding if I didn't have to pay the $3500 rental fee for a Saturday evening wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the statement about the clubhouse! It is beautiful and has better prices than the tea room
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on a Friday during the day and having the reception at the ATR.  Because the reception is on a Friday before 4 pm, the rental fee is only $1000 and the F&B minimum is only $2000.  I planned on having 150 guests, but paying for food for 150 people was very expensive (much greater than $2000).  I've cut down my guest list to ~125 guests and we're doing food a la carte in order to get the overall cost of the reception down to $10,000.  If you email the ATR, they should send you pricing info and reception menus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards