Ohio-Columbus

Marriage License Question

When did all you married ladies apply for / get your marriage license? I ask because FI is stationed in NC and we're just trying to figure out if he should make one last trip up here before the wedding or if it'll be easier to get it the week of...
Our baby! image Sadie
Anniversary

Re: Marriage License Question

• edited December 2011
    We got ours 2 months out because our officiant needed to file something with the probate court to get authorized to perform the ceremony.  If you don't have to worry about that, you can go the week of, because there's no waiting period.

Franklin County Probate Court website:
    http://www.franklincountyohio.gov/probate/departments/marriage.cfm
  • edited December 2011
    Yea we did ours a month early.  In Franklin County, once you get it you have 60 days.  So if you do it at least a month in advance it is a big task off the checklist.  LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours early because we were planning from out of town and happened to have our last meeting with our church in Columbus within the last 60 days so we got it then. If you are going to be in town a few days before your wedding I think that you'd be fine just getting it then, it took like 5 minutes.
  • edited December 2011
    You need to get it wherever you will be getting married. We got married in Madison county and you could only get it up to 30 days prior to the wedding. We went the week before and got it, no problem at all.
  • edited December 2011
    Like another poster said, you can wait until the week of if you want since there's no waiting period.  FI and I just got ours today (Wednesday) and we're getting married this Saturday.  We waited since we live in Washington state and this is the first time in a long time that we've been in Columbus together to go get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards