Louisiana-New Orleans

Napolean house for reception???? to "shabby?"

I am planning my wedding for September of this year and I'm having a change of heart about my current venue and I'm thinking about the Napolean House. I'm from here so i know that I love their bar (pimms cups are my favorites!) and I'm a fan of the restaurants food and I'm impressed with their reception menu and pricing.
BUT, I'm concerned about the condition of their chairs, the reception rooms, the linens and their china.
Someone else on a different board referred to it as "shabby", these are all things I notice (chipped china, dirty chairs, stained curtains etc...) Am I being to picky or has anyone been to or had their recpetion there? Is it to shabby?

Re: Napolean house for reception???? to "shabby?"

• edited December 2011
    I just went to a rehearsal dinner there and was very impresses.  I say if that is what you want then go with it!
  • zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Napoleon House!  I think it would be perfect and I agree with CVC11...If that's what you want then go with it!  Those little things like chipped china do not matter at all!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Never heard anything good. Never heard anything bad. Take that for what it's worth.
  • edited December 2011
    The food is great. The things another would call "shabby" I call charming. The place has a romantic history and is full of character. People come to New Orleans for its Old World Charm.-not the  newly built perfect condition tourists places that are made to look old. Your first instinct is usually the right one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards