Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Small reception dinner in the FQ

Hi all!

I am looking for a nice restaurant to host a VERY small reception dinner after our elopement ceremony in the French Quarter. There will be only 6-10 of us in attendance. I have never been to NOLA so it is so hard to find something I want over the internet.

I am thinking somewhere with steak/seafood to keep everyone in the party happy. Price is not a huge issue, but I also don't want to go broke lol! Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, 
Lindsey :)

Re: Small reception dinner in the FQ

• Options
    Brennan's, Galatoire's and Antoine's also have private dining spaces. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I will check these out. I've only heard of Antoine's so I'm curious to see what the other suggestions have to offer!
  • Options
    Try Brennan's. They're a little pricey, but the place is nice and the food is good. If you're willing to go out of the FQ you can try Commander's Palace. The food is excellent!
  • Options
    I went to one at Antoines and there were about 25 there and it was fabulous.
  • Options
    ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Brennan's and Palace Cafe are great food and very consistent. I though Antoine's was horrible. Yes, it's a Nola institution and the history is really interesting, but the service is hit or miss and when it's miss it's quite awful. The food is not worth what you pay, not even a little bit. Arnaud's would also be a good choice. Good luck!

ETA: I also second Commander's is you are ok with a short drive/cab ride. It is our favorite restaurant.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! It's nice to see some other names thrown in that I haven't heard of. I will look at all of these, and check out Commander's too, if its worth the ride then I definitely wouldnt mind! 
  • Options
    I would second the Antoine's suggestion. Try to sit in the Rex Room or another of the Krewe rooms. :)

I also LOVE Galitoire's, however, they seat you upstairs off the bar if you have a big group and it just isn't the same (the room isn't very nice). If they will seat you downstairs, it is the BEST.

I have enjoyed Palace Cafe and Dickie Brennan's, but if you're going to have the BEST meal in New Orleans, try one of those two.

If you want to do a lunch- do Commander's. You can catch a cab out there and you get 25cent martinis and they always have a luneheon menu that is great.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards