Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Omni or Royal Sonesta??

Re: Omni or Royal Sonesta??

• Options
    TurWalkTurWalk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Omni.  We're expecting about 100-120 people and will be having our ceremony in the courtyard and the reception in the rooms immediately off of the courtyard.  I loved the Omni's courtyard because it was nice and open with unobstructed views for our guests and room for a true aisle.

I had a friend who was married at the Omni and she raved about the service. We'll have personal attendants for me, my groom and our parents. After the ceremony they wisk you away for about 15 minutes to have some time privately as couple before entering the reception. We haven't had a tasting yet, but I've been told by several friends and my planner that the food is great! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Avoid the Royal Sonesta for a wedding because there contracts are awful.  The Royal Omni is easy to negotiate with, and bend over backwards so get your business.  They designed a completely different menu for us and the tasting was great.  I am getting married in the grand-ball room in six weeks.  

The Royal Sonesta is the prettier hotel but the wedding coordinators are awful so it was not worth it.  They lost my wedding and a rehearsal dinner.  
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards